[3]

California- The Hard Deck, 2019

Aiden brings the cigarette to his lips, holding it as he digs in his pocket for a lighter. Once he had it he tries to get a spark. After more than enough failed attempts he finally gets a low flame. He lights the cigarette and breaths in deeply. Putting the silver lighter back in his pocket he makes a mental note to get a new one.

Sitting on the stairs of the Hard Deck calms Aiden. Staring at the water. He sits waiting for other Aviators to arrive. He's a bit early, by twenty minutes. No point to drink alone. But he could help Penny out. He sighs and stabs the cigarette into the sand and stood. Dusting off his- what he calls it- formal attire. Despite not liking g to wear it he can't deny how attractive he is when wearing it. The khaki color uniform makes his tan skin pop, and enhances the green in his hazel eyes.

Opening the door to the Hard Deck he walks inside. Penny smiles at Aiden as she cleans a glass with a towel. Aiden gives her a smile as he runs his hand through his hair, pushing it out of his face.

"The usual?" Penny questions. Aiden laughed a bit and shook his head, denying the offer.

"Not yet. Too early." He replies. The bar is fairly quiet. Orange-ish yellow lights make the place feel warmer than it actually is. And the soft music playing in the background added to the coziness of the place. Penny placed a glass bottle in front of him. Aiden thanks the older woman and takes a drink. He can't really say no.   

Five minutes later Jake "Hangman" Seresin and Javy "Coyote" Machado walk into the Hard Deck. Aiden shakes his head, hoping that they walk past him. But his outfit is basicly screaming 'I'm-a-naval-aviator-to!'. Hangman leans on the counter, standing looking down at Aiden for a moment before looking up at Penny.

"Two bottles," he says to her. "Is that who I think it is? Hotshot Kazansky?" Seresin questions with sarcasm. He knows it's Aiden, everyone who knows Aiden can't miss the sandy-blonde hair male.  Aiden sighs but looks up to meet Hangman's cocky smile.

"Bagman," Aiden says with a forced smile. "It's been a minute."

"Yes it has." Penny hands Hangman the two bottles. He gives Aiden one last smile before walking back to Coyote.  Aiden sighed in relief, not wanting Hangman to pester him any longer than necessary. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a box of cigarettes and takes one between his fingers. He repeats the same actions he did outside until it was lit. He breaths in the smoke and runs a hand through his hair, moving it from his face.

Hangman and Coyote start a game of darts, Aiden watching them throw and throw again. At one point Hangman managed to hit dead center with Coyote covering his eyes. Aiden took another drag on the cigarette and took a drink of his beer. He didn't realize someone sat next to him until they spoke.