Chapter 64

All At Once By The Fray

Ruby

Since I'm a mother I'm pretty busy in my life, but there's one thing that'll I'll do for myself and that I'll take my time with, and that's getting my hair done.

I'm at the hair salon Violet works at this place called La Rue in Manhattan.

I decided to change up my hairstyle well it's not gonna be a dramatic change, but for some reason my brain is telling me to have a fresh new start, plus Grey's winter ball dance is tonight and I'm chaperoning I must look presentable. Also, Christmas is a week away I'm in desperate need to have my hair done.

Speaking of Christmas I finally finished my Christmas shopping yesterday, I go very much overboard with Grey's gifts I feel like it's more than ever this year.

I did end up buying Harry gifts as well, I know he hates when I spent money on him but he's my boyfriend I gotta spoil him too. I did end up buying something incredibly special for him and frankly, when he sees it, he might just cry on the spot.

"Hi, best friend!" Violet shouts walking towards me and giving me a massive hug making me barely breathe. "Long time no see"

"Violet, I saw you yesterday, me, you, and Grey had dinner together" I laugh.

"Yeah, but I can miss my best friend" She replies smiling with a hand on her hip. "Alright, well then let's head to my station"

I make my way over to her station and sit down pulling out my phone and going to Pinterest to show her what I want to be done.

"Okay, okay, I see" she hums in response. "So you want highlights? This is a first for you, am I right?"

"Yes, it is a first" I reply. "I love my red hair, and I still one hundred percent wanna keep it my natural color, but I wanna change it up just a little bit so I thought of this, out of everyone your opinion means the most since you are a hairstylist and you know what the hell you're doing, you know what's good and not"

There's nobody I trust more than doing my hair but Violet, she was born to be a hairstylist, I swear every time she does my hair I feel like a movie star.

"Thank you that's very kind" I see her smile through the mirror. "In my opinion I think it'll be so gorgeous on you, it'll make your green eyes pop, it'll blend beautifully with your skin tone, also tons of my red heads clients are getting that done it's popular, I think it'll be fabulous, so I'm guessing you're a virgin with getting no highlights ever in your life?"

Oh my. "Yes, I am" I laugh at how ridiculous that sounds. "Thanks for your feedback though, no turning back I wanna do this"

Yeah I'm 25 and never got highlights, it's a shocker.

I show her a few more pictures of what I want specifically done then she goes to the dying room to get everything ready, and comes back and does the whole thing with foils and dye it's a fucking process let me tell you.

"What made you wanna start getting highlights?" Violet asks as she applies some more dye.

"Just wanna new changes with my hair, it's fun to change it up might as well start now tired of having a solid color even though I love my red, also Greyson's winter ball is tonight might as well start it now," I say.

"Oh my goodness! that's right!" She squeals. "You're gonna have to send me every single picture of my munchkin, what color is his suit again?"

"Sky blue, Jessica's dress is also that color we're all going together, them and me and Vanessa are chaperoning, they're gonna meet us at my place"