Chapter 73

Soon You'll Get Better By Taylor Swift Ft. The Chicks

Harry

My darling.

No.

Her heart stopped.

And I'm waiting to reply to Grey but I can't.

No.

This is all my fault.

I look at Bella as she puts a hand on Grey's shoulder and I do my best to try and not look at him, it's so hard though because he's so sad holding his mother's get well soon teddy bear and balloons.

"Where is my m-mommy?" He starts trembling. "Is she okay? C-can I p-please see her?"

I wanna go in the room so badly to see what's happening but I can't, it's forbidden so right now that means I have to confront this to Greyson.

Bella already knows Ruby was drugged, Joey said it over the phone when he called her, and Ruby was fine, well she was still asleep when Joey called her, but she sadly doesn't know the other part.

My whole childhood was a big lie.

I keep reminding myself.

Even though this is a different situation.

I am not doing this to Grey no matter how old he is, he needs to know the truth about what happens in life, because it's not all sunshine and rainbows, I'll just say it to him as easily as possible, if that even makes any sense.

"Hi b-buddy" I whisper holding a breath and bending down to his level. "Your mother-" This is so difficult. "She had a bad accident, that's why she's in the hospital today, and I'm gonna have to explain to you what happened, do you by any chance know what pills are Grey?"

He looks at everyone around then back at me "I think so Mr.Styles, is it a type of medicine you take when you're sick?"

"Very good, Y-yes, it can be that," I tell him then I see Joey wrapping his arms around Bella as they're both sobbing, Joey probably whispered in her ear what's happening. Bella wants to scream like all of us do, she's keeping it calm for Grey. "So I wanna tell you why your mother is here and why she's not feeling good, so...she went out to eat today for lunch-"

"She did?" He stops me sweetly and then apologizes "I'm s-sorry"

"That's okay buddy, don't apologize, so she went out to lunch today" I won't dare bring up his Father because Ruby told me Grey will never know. "And she got something to eat and drink of course and-" How do I even say this? "There are mean people out there in the world Grey"

"Mean people? Like bad?" He asks.

"Yes. bad, mean people, I wish there wasn't any, I wish everyone was good, but sadly it'll never happen, so as I was saying before your mother was drinking some of her water" I think so. It could have been mixed with her food. It doesn't matter. "And when she started to drink the water, about maybe ten minutes in she got very sick, and she was dizzy and she collapsed, or in other terms fainted or passed out, it's when you hit the ground and fall very hard"

"Like what happened to me at recess on the monkey bars?" He asks.

"Yes. Like that, but you were awake when you fell, and in your mother's case her eyes were shut" I don't even know how it happened but I'm gonna try my best to explain the last parts. "When you faint your eyes go completely shut like in a very deep sleep, it takes a few seconds for the person to respond and wake up, and when your mother passed out her eyes weren't opening, and the reason for that is..."

I seriously don't understand how I'm even speaking to him, I need to see Ruby, I have to know what the hell is going on.

I look up and see Niall nodding his head at me giving me a sign meaning I'm doing a good job, but it sure doesn't feel like it.