Part 3

It was three beers and one shot in when Louis walked through the toilet to the cubicles. He needed some alone time to collect himself and also to text Zayn and Liam that he was selling the company because Ethan was gay. He then thought that it sounded completely wrong and off the topic so he decided to explain further, when he heard someone come in to the toilet room.

The man was whistling some tune and Louis thought to himself that he knew that song, but then he proceeded to type in the message about Niall and Ethan and how cute they were together and that they were his fans. He was too drunk for this. He wrote that too. The water at the sinks stopped right when he decided to get out and wash his hands. His drunk mind played some weird game with his vision because he was almost sure that the curly head leaving the room looked pretty familiar. He shook himself out of it and washed his hands spraying some water on his forehead to come to his senses.

"Are you sure you want to go? Our friends just arrived, they are getting drinks now."

Niall turned out to be the funniest and brightest guy that Louis had a pleasure of meeting as of lately. The moment the Guinness in his hand started working and he forgot that he was star-struck by Louis' presence, they easily kicked it off and were chatting aimlessly. Louis found out that Niall was studding art in London School of Arts and trying himself at writing songs. He and Ethan met at that exact pub two years ago and the rest was history. It was funny to come to terms with the main idea of the rest of the evening. Getting to know Louis's employer when he vowed to never work for someone else ever again.

Louis looked in the direction of the bar, the place was flooded with people now giving the time of the evening.

"I think I'm good, but it was nice to get to know you guys. Especially you, my future boss," he smiled at Ethan.

"Please, stop! I told you, you'll still be the boss, I just want to be a part of something cool. At least my father's money gonna do something good to me and the world."

"Fuck," Louis exhaled letting himself go for a minute. "I'm so glad you're rich and gay," he said absurdly serious.

It made Niall and Ethan laugh in hysterics.

"Never heard that one before, but yeah, I'm glad as well. Would not have it any other way."

Louis grabbed his coat and shook their hands still laughing from his previous outburst. They made a deal to meet later this week to sign the contract, in the meantime he needed to get his head in the game and start firing people to cut the expenses. That was not so pleasant to think about on his walk home through the beautifully snowy city, but he was still grateful.

His apartment looked like a mess and Louis mentally cursed himself for being so deep in self-pity for the better part of the holidays. If only he spoke to Ethan at that party, if only he listened to Liam, everything would have been even better than now.

On the other hand, he got to meet Harry. He wasn't sure if it was a good thing, but the memory of the man made him smile in his drunken state. He was kind of curious what Harry was up to lately. Did he think about Louis's words? Did he think about Louis? Would he smile the same way Ethan smiled today when he heard Niall's voice?

He got tangled in his own trousers and almost fell face to the floor. The way to finish that weird day off. Something fell from the pocket of his trousers and Louis bent down to get it again almost falling to the floor. He stopped in his track the moment he realized what was in his hand. The white card with simple digits, looking as mysterious as the first time Louis saw it, made some part of his mind go blank. His heart though skipped a beat but came back with double strength. Was it the universe telling him to stop asking it questions that he could ask Harry himself? Probably. Was Louis ready to face the music? Absolutely not.