Part 15

Louis used to hate Fridays. He was aware of it being a very controversial opinion, that's why he kept it to himself. Fridays would just get him irritated with people at work and his own uncompleted tusks. Everyone was too relaxed and everything would end up postponed for the next week and Louis just liked things done. He wasn't able to rest knowing how many issues he'd need to go through on Monday. So every person being carefree and cheerful about the weekend would automatically become the reason for his Sunday headache. And he was unbearable at the office because of that.

Tonight, however, he was the most excited one to leave.

"Did he call?" Louis asked the second his secretary was in the earshot distance. So he was basically screaming down the hall.

"Nope," Liza answered as two times before that.

"He said he'll be finished in an hour and it's been like..."

"An hour and a half," she provided not looking up from the monitor.

"Exactly!" Louis stopped at her desk. "Aren't you excited for the weekend?"

That phrase actually made her look at him with something on the verge of disbelief and annoyance.

"Okay," he lifted his hands. "I'll be at my office, if he calls just-"

"Redirects him to you, I got it."

"You know what, you're such a hard worker," Louis leaned against her desk.

"Give her a raise then," Zayn yelled from his office.

"Oh, you're still here?" he made his way in, noticing Zayn's secretary already gone home for the weekend.

"Yeah, I decided to get some things done before leaving you next week."

"Right, how kind of you."

"I know! I'm the best partner you could've gotten."

Zayn was leaving for a week to get together with Gigi's parents. His leave was discussed for couple of weeks now because Louis was absolutely fine with it and Zayn refused to believe it.

"You sure I don't have to stay?" he looked at Louis determinedly once again. "I can come back after the weekend, you know."

"Nonsense, when was the last time you had a paid leave? Enjoy it, Zi."

The man watched Louis fall in the chair in front of his desk as if without a care in the world.

"You're acting crazy."

"I'm not!" Louis laughed. "Why you keep saying that?"

"Because it's Friday and you are not breaking down in the middle of the office about us postponing the draft," he leaned back in his chair counting on his fingers. "Or about us forgetting to call Paul about his script before he got on a twelve-hour flight, or about Liam now calling your secretary to get a meeting with the team."

"What does it have to do with Liam?" Louis asked looking away.

"You tell me," Zayn pulled some documents out to go through. "He sent us the rough draft of the show and you gave it to me," he showed Louis the paper. "Then he asked us about that new novel and once again," he waived another document, "you redirected him to me!"

"Liza did," Louis pointed out.

"Because you told her to do it!" Zayn dropped the papers and looked at his friend once again. "My point is, you two need to talk."

"We talked a month ago when I told him again that I'm with Harry," Louis furrowed his brows. "He was the one to start calling my boyfriend names."

"Well, if I'm right to crack his 'professional e-mail' code, he's trying to apologize."