Part 22

Louis was seeing red. He was very reluctant on leaving Harry by himself. Steven was right, he wasn't able to keep him safe forever, Harry had to learn how to do it on his own. However, now it seemed like the biggest mistake. He left the country for three days and Harry was punched in that pretty face of his in Louis' apartment of all places. The thought was boiling Louis blood.

He was so eager to get to Harry, to hug him, to kiss his plush lips, that he didn't even look into the living room. Now he saw Liam clearly. The man was sleeping on the bigger couch with a blanket over him. Harry gave him a fucking blanket.

"Hey, shit-face!" Louis roared coming closer and grabbing the material from Liam's frame.

The noise and absence of warmth woke Liam up pretty quickly. Louis noticed that the man looked like hell. His hair was greasy and all over the place, his jaw was swollen and almost purple, Harry must've fought back. The thought made Louis' jaw flex.

"Get the fuck up from my couch!" he screamed in Liam's face. "Who do you think you are to go into my house like that and beat up my boyfriend?"

Liam stood up on shaky feet. "Lou, I..."

"Don't fucking 'Lou' me!" Louis was livid and grabbed the taller man by the collar of his wrinkled shirt. "I should beat your ass up, Liam," he said warningly.

"Yeah, okay," Liam answered slowly, observing Louis face. "But your boyfriend got there first I'm afraid."

Louis threw the first punch to Liam's mouth. He wanted his lip to bleed the same way Harry's did. He wasn't ever a fighter, never have been in fights but he did know how to throw a punch.

"Shit, it hurts!" Liam cried not even trying to get away from Louis. "Are you done now?"

"Not even close," Louis spat throwing his knee up and getting Liam straight in the balls.

The yell that cut the air was followed by a loud thud. Liam fell on the ground like a sack of potatoes because Harry grabbed Louis around his torso and tugged him away.

"I'm not finished!" Louis screamed quite enjoying Liam's grunts.

"It's enough," Harry whispered in his ear. "We talked. He apologized. For everything."

"He have to apologize for fucking beating you," Louis protested.

"That he did," Harry turned Louis his way, like it was the easiest thing in the world.

Louis loved how Harry was able to manhandle him but now it was a bit annoying.

"He needs to regret it," he huffed.

Harry pouted his lip smiling small. "You got him good."

"Too damn good," Liam moaned from the floor. "I need ice and like a doctor."

"You need to shut the fuck up!" Louis turned right back to face the man. "What the fuck you even came here for? Wasn't I clear last time?"

"Lou, he was just worried," Harry tried.

"About what?" older man raised his eyebrows. "He thought that I was paying you to stay with me last time he called. Where do you find time in your fucking schedule, Liam, to count my damn money?" he barked. "And what if I was? Which I'm not, by the way. Were you afraid that you wouldn't get a share? Because I'm the only damn fool that actually sells you rights for production for fucking nothing?"

Harry put a hand on his shoulder but Louis shook it away.

"It's not about you, Harry," he breathed out. "I'm so sorry that you got dragged into this, but it's not about you, love," he turned back to Liam now sitting on the floor with wounded expression. "It's about Liam being the worst friend possible."