Part 13

He caught a cab some minutes that felt like hours later. He was surprised when Harry gave his address to the driver but couldn't say anything because Harry was already clutching to his chest as if too afraid that Louis would disappear. The drive wasn't long enough for Louis to even remotely grasp the idea of what to do next.

He knew that he wouldn't leave Harry. That was obvious to him somehow. It wasn't the easiest part though because his mind was telling him to get out but his heart was rapidly beating for the man in his arms. He tried to think logically despite everything. Harry needed help, it wouldn't be that easy for him to just move on. It made Louis sick the way younger man spoke about himself.

Harry was the one to pay for the cab and when they got out he grabbed Louis' hand and tugged him inside. It was a simple three stories building with two apartments on every floor, but Louis wasn't able to notice anything because Harry was already opening his door on the second floor and pulling Louis inside.

"What are you-" Louis' jaw dropped when Harry fell to his knees in front of him still sobbing quietly. Louis breathed out when Harry started undoing his shoes and sat down as well. "I can do that," he stopped the man's hands.

"I know," he wiped his nose with his sleeve like a little boy would. "I just want to do it, please."

He was almost whining and Louis found himself letting go of Harry's hands. He took the shoes off Louis, then he undid his own boots and quickly grabbed Louis' hand again. The older

man wasn't even able to have a look around too worried to care. Harry led them into the bedroom and turned around to start undressing Louis.

"No, Harry," Louis said firmly.

To his surprise Harry started crying harder when he dropped his hands.

"I'm sorry, I'm s-sorry," he whispered feverishly falling to the bed. "I n-need you t-to stay. I'm sorry."

"Harry," Louis kneeled at the bed and watched Harry laying down on his side. "Breathe for me. Come on love."

Harry was hysteric now, mumbling 'sorry' and 'stay' on repeat. He grabbed Louis' hand and brought it to his lips squeezing his eyes shut.

"I'm here," Louis whispered bringing his other hand to move through Harry's hair. "I'll stay."

"Just-" he sniffled. "Just stay till I fall asleep please."

Louis' heart hurt. Harry was broken, his pieces were scattered around the place and he was scaring Louis now.

"I'm here," he repeated not able to find other words.

He moved to sit on the bed, but Harry was quick to pull him down to lay next to him. He turned around and Louis understood what Harry wanted, hugging the younger man.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, Lou," he was crying.

"Shh, love, you're okay. I'm here. Go to sleep."

He kissed down Harry's sweaty neck and felt the shiver run down his skin. For a minute it was almost quite the only sound was Harry's uneven breathing. But then he started wailing and it scared Louis once again.

"What is it?" he pulled Harry's body closer, hugging him tighter.

"You're leaving!" he almost screamed and cursed in the air.

"What are you talking about? I'm here, Harry."

"Now, but you will leave."

"I won't"

"No, you will!"

"Do you want me to leave?"

"No!" he turned around in Louis' arms. "No, please, don't leave me."