Part 8

Zhan stirred his whiskey with his finger, getting a taste by liking it after. He then chugged the whole glass down in one go, and watched as the bartender poured for him once more. "I'm amazed at how well you can take your drink. I somehow always thought of you as lightweight."

Zhan gave Mingyu a glance before chuckling. "Well, I thought so for you too. No wait- you actually were lightweight. Don't know what changed in Korea though." Mingyu smirked, sipping from his drink also. "What didn't. Aside from all that work and business stuff, I got to meet lots of new people in the streets." The latter scoffed. "By the streets you must mean--"

"They have the most fun bars there. Life at night is wonders. The amount of pretty faces is surreal- I must definitely take you there some day." Just then, someone slammed a bottle of whiskey on the counter, catching both of their attention quickly. "Oh no, it's the migrated slut." Wei's sarcastic tone made Zhan chuckle while Mingyu rolled his eyes. "Ha-ha, very funny. You didn't change one a bit.... with the shit jokes and all.." Wei smiled in not such a smiley way and poured some whiskey in his glass. "I get what you mean, life must be hard as an idiot. Always having to suck-up to someone. That's probably how you found your way around anyways."

Mingyu scoffed, shaking his head. "Right... sorry to break it to you, but I have a personal chauffeur. So even if I didn't know my way, which I did, I could still find any path that comes across with the swing of a finger." Wei tilted his head, now seeming to be pissed. "Did you just insult my financial state? You-"

"Alright- that's it. I think we had enough fights for the day. Can't you two just relax?" Mingyu sighed, chugging his glass down. "Tell it to him- did we really have to come to his bar?" Wei scoffed, giving him a quick wink. "Why, you didn't miss me? And here I was dreaming about you day and night-" He then started making kissing noises as he hugged the air while Mingyu irked his face in disgust. "Ugh- just stop it! Hell..."

Zhan laughed. "You're fond of this??" He hummed at Mingyu, who now seemed rather concerned. "I actually am. We haven't done this in a while, it's nice." They had always hung out together back then, not leaving one another's side. The two used to bicker mostly and Zhan would just watch them from the side. He was the pillar they both stood on, their friendship only continuing thanks to his existence alone.

But Zhan didn't mind. Friendship had always been a give and take relationship for him, just as any other have. Enjoying one's company was what mattered the most after all, the trust and the support that was built between the two came only after. They had all seen it that way, slowly becoming closer as time passed. "Anyways... I saw the news. You're dating a lawyer chick?" Wei leaned his arms on the counter, head-bumping Mingyu while at it. "And you invited him to introduce him to others. Have you no shame?"

Mingyu simply shrugged, his behaviour indifferent. "You never know if the relationship will continue. Zhan has always dated for a max of three years before dumping them to get a new one. I'd only imagine you've done so to not get married." Wei shook his head, knowing more than he did. "He took it on for too long this time around. There are already news, which caught your parent's' attention, no?"

Zhan sighed, rubbing his head. "You guys have figured huh..." Mingyu patted his back. "It was kind of hard to miss when you'd do things so coordinately." Wei laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "Oh yes- I must meet her in these exact dates to keep our relationship going-" Mingyu continued with the impersonation. "Exactly this many dates and this many nights together-"

They both then laughed at his face, to which Zhan sighed at. "It was not that bad. I didn't act like it was a math equation... things have actually gotten more comfortable after Li Na." Wei rolled his eyes at him. "No matter what, you could still not escape from your parents. I give it to your mother for waiting that long to ask you for marriage."