Ch 1

(Jeremiah's Pov)

Making my way to my publishing company I greet the receptionist before heading up to my manager/publisher's office. Once I arrive at the correct door I gently knock hearing the words "come in" a second later. Opening the door I step into the large office anxiously while I push my thick black glasses back up I stuttering nervously. "Y.. you wanted to see me?" The older woman turns around to look at me with a serious expression on her face she motioning to her desk. "Come take a seat Jeremiah we need to discuss some things." I immediately frown but know better than to question her instead mumbling a "okay ms Regina." I take a seat in front of her desk as she pulls out her chair and takes a seat also then she clears her throat. "So Jeremiah your book is doing pretty well in sells so congratulations." I can't help but smile happily because this book is my first ever novel that I've published but Regina brings me back down to earth when she clears her throat. "But I know your book can do a lot better so I pulled a few strings to get you out in the public and talked about for awhile." I immediately give her a confused and wary expression. "What kind of strings did you pull?" She smiles at me leaning back in her chair a little. "I arranged a marriage between you and a foreign celebrity so you'll be out in the public eye more and advocate the hell out of your book." I gape at her in horror and disbelief. "But I don't want to get married!" She waves me off. "Oh please it'll only be for a year and then you can get divorced. This will get you a lot more fans and readers." I let out a sigh and lower my head. "Who is it and where am I going?" I can practically hear the smile in her voice. "Great you agreed! And it's a man you'll be marrying he's about a year older. He's a famous idol and you'll be flying to South Korea since I know you can speak the language because of your adopted family." I immediately feel relieved that I'll be going somewhere I know the culture and language of. And I'm also extremely grateful that I'm not marrying a woman. "Well at least you didn't marry me off to some girl." She gives me a slight look. "I'm not that cruel. I know you're gay I'm not gonna force you to pretend to be straight." I give a shy appreciative smile and adjust my glasses. "When do we leave?" She tells me that we're leaving Friday and to go home and pack I getting up and start to head back to my apartment to call and tell my brother and parents.