⚓︎ chapter one ⚓︎

"Bradley, you need to hurry up or I'm going to be late!" Eleanor shouted from the front door

Down the hallway of the apartment, Bradley walked out of his room wearing his formal dress whites as he was going to be a groomsman in the wedding they were going to. One of the fellow aviators in his squadron was getting married before they were due to be reassigned or sent on deployment in the next few days.

When the couple had been looking for a photographer, Bradley had suggested his little sister, Eleanor, who was very talented in his humble opinion. Upon meeting the couple and offering a discounted price because they were friends with Bradley and because the groom was a service member, they hired her as the photographer for their wedding. She had flown into Florida late the previous night to make it for the wedding today.

"I'm coming," he teased as she grabbed his keys off the hook, "you don't have to freak out."

"But I need to be there early to get candid shots of the bride and bridesmaids getting ready," she scolded as they walked out of the apartment, "I don't want to leave a bad impression on them."

"Let's go then!" He called as he walked down the hallway, "Waiting on you now!"

Eleanor rolled her eyes but had a smile on her face. "You asshole!" She called, following right behind him.

⚓︎

As soon as they got to the venue, Eleanor set straight to work. She had her camera and a backup camera strapped into her harness and had taken pictures of the bride and bridesmaids candid moments already.  She was now working on getting shots of the small details of the wedding while waiting for the ceremony to start.

All kinds of Navy personnel were walking around.  She was trying to get candid photo moments here and there of people just talking a laughing together, celebrating the happy couple.  She hadn't met many members in the squadron that Bradley was assigned to but she had heard stories about a few but wasn't sure whose name went with whose face.

She had heard of Natasha Trace, callsign Phoenix. She knew that she was a badass when in the air and didn't let the men in the field undermine her being "just a woman" because she was a damn good pilot.

Then there was Javy Machado, callsign Coyote. He was a bit of a cocky pilot himself from what Bradley had told Eleanor, but that was on account for him being friends with Hangman.

Hangman was someone that Eleanor didn't even know the real name of because he and Bradley had butted heads ever since they met. Bradley always complained about how Hangman held no regard for fellow pilots in the air, always leaving them hanging, hence his callsign.

Eleanor didn't think much of it honestly. She wasn't a pilot, it's not like it was something for her to worry about anyway. To her, it was just a classic case of boys being boys and letting their testosterone get to them.