⚓︎ Torie & Bradley ⚓︎

A few months after Eleanor and Jake had tied the knot, no one was shocked when Torie and Bradley got engaged. However, what was shocking was when they revealed their plans for the wedding.

"Eloping?" Eleanor asked Torie over lunch while in town. Elsie was happily chewing on a fry that she had stolen from Torie's plate with the few teeth that she had.

It was no secret to their group the struggles that Torie had when it came to her parents.  They provided her with the very basic needs but she received her love that a mother should give from Carole.  It was part of the reason why her death was so hard for Torie.  So a smaller wedding meant she wouldn't have to invite her parents, not that they even cared.

Torie nodded, smiling as she admired her ring. "We don't want a long engagement and we've known each other so long, we don't want to wait anymore."

Eleanor felt her eyes welling up.  "Oh my gosh, you're gonna make me cry."

Torie grabbed Eleanor's hands across the table.  "We want you and Jake there, of course, along with Mav and Penny, and Elsie," Torie said.  "And Phoenix and Coyote too!  But I also have another request."

Eleanor smiled and nodded, waiting for Torie to go on, though she seemed nervous and hesitant.  "Ellie, would you walk me down the aisle?"

Immediately, Eleanor covered her mouth as tears began to well up in her eyes.  "Are you serious?" She asked sniffling.

By now, Torie had begun to cry as well and nodded.  Both girls stood up from the table and pulled the other into a hug as happy tears began to pour down their face.

"V, you know I would be more than honored to walk you down the aisle," Eleanor stated as she pulled away.

However, the moment was cut short as Elsie decided she wanted to be included and began to whine out with her arms outstretched to her mom. Eleanor and Torie laughed as they sat back down and Torie picked Elsie up into her lap.

"Well, what all do we need to plan, even if it's a small affair?" Eleanor asked as she carefully wiped the tears away.

Torie then pulled out a binder, which was smaller compared the one they had used when planning Eleanor's wedding. "Well, we need to find a location, set an exact day, find an elopement photographer and videographer since I want you actually in the wedding, and then set up for a small dinner afterwards for just those who are in attendance."

Eleanor nodded. "Sounds easy enough, who's officiating?"

"We asked Maverick to and he happily agreed," Torie responded, the smile growing wider.

At that news, Eleanor couldn't help but clap her hands happily, which made Elsie clap happily as well while laughing.  Eleanor and Torie laughed before they began to get to work as they talked and looked over the binder.

⚓︎

Unfortunately, Bradley was deployed for the original date of their elopement, which was set to be at the beginning of the summer.  But he would be back in time for them to have their fall wedding, which Torie preferred because of the color change in the season.

So with the adjustment to the plans, Torie and Eleanor made sure to get everything else ready in time for when Bradley got home.

Since Eleanor was well connected in the photography world, they found a wedding photographer and videographer who had the same vision Torie and Bradley had for their elopement.  Not to mention, they gave the couple a discount for knowing Eleanor.