⚓︎ chapter nine ⚓︎

Two Months Later

Eleanor laughed as Jake burst out from under the pile of clothes that she had been throwing on top of him.  She was currently sorting through clothes to get rid of and keep and Jake just happen to lie down in the pile she was making for her donate box.

"You are picking all of those up, I hope you know that," she stated in a stern tone, but the smile on her face showed that she was not a bit upset about it.

"Anything for you," he replied, crawling over to where she sat on the floor and kissing her gently.

He then set to work on putting the clothes into the donate box she had marked while she continued to fold clothes into her suitcases.  After Jake had dropped that bomb at the wedding about them moving in together, they decided to go for it.  Eleanor's lease was up soon anyway and she had been debating on whether she was going to sign another year lease or find somewhere else to live.  The timing just worked out.

When she told Bradley that she and Jake were moving in together, he obviously protested, but he didn't have much of a say because according to Eleanor, "You don't pay my bills, you don't get a say in this."  Bradley shut up after that, especially after Eleanor threatened to set Torie on him.

Torie laughed when Eleanor told her, but she wasn't shocked.  She knew that Jake wasn't going anywhere and she was happy that they were taking steps to further their relationship together.  However, Torie was dreading the fact that eventually and inevitably, Eleanor would have to move when Jake got reassigned.  However, that wasn't for another year at least, according to Jake.

"Why don't you take a break?" Jake asked, watching as Eleanor let out a yawn over how tired she was.

"Because I move in next week and I'm just now realizing how much crap I have that I need to get rid of," she responded.

"But sleep is also important," Jake reminded her, "or did you forget that?"

He added that last part with a cheeky smile.  Ever since they got back from Texas, there hadn't been a night that they didn't spend together, usually at Eleanor's apartment.  And to be frank, they were not getting much sleep. To say the least, coffee had become a very big part of their day.

"We need to be better about getting to sleep, especially with your profession," she teased as she chucked a single sock at him.

He laughed, catching it with ease.  "Don't act like you don't enjoy it as much as I do," he replied with a wink.

Eleanor laughed and shook her head before another yawn left her.  "Okay, maybe it is time to call it a night and get to sleep," she told him with a light laugh.

Jake helped her stand up and the two of them began getting ready for bed.  Eleanor had changed into her pajamas before walking into the bathroom to find Jake washing his face diligently, hair pushed back with head band and scrubbing brush in his hand.  The sight caused her to laugh.

With him spending the night so much at her place, she had taken it upon herself to introduce him to a skincare routine that worked for his specific needs since he complained about it at times.  He had been taking it very seriously ever since, which caused her to laugh anytime she walked in on him exfoliating.

After finishing their nightly routine, Eleanor climbed into bed, Jake already laying there and pulling her body to his as the couple cuddled.  He gently kissed her forehead before they both drifted off to sleep.

⚓︎

The day of the move came and Eleanor had never seen as many servicemen as she did when moving. Jake enlisted a majority of the people from his squadron to come and help on their collective day off with the promise that they would be fed. To say the least, Eleanor did not have to help lift anything heavy. Torie had come to help as much as she could, but mostly to enjoy the view; her words, not Eleanor's.