⚓︎Wedding Bells⚓︎

It was safe to say that Eleanor and Jake were anticipating getting married. Yes, they already had a baby together, they lived together, and they basically acted like a married couple already, but this was something that they both wanted.

They'd had a long engagement because of life getting in the way at times but after Elsie was born, they didn't want to wait much longer. They planned to get married the following fall after Elsie was born, so it only gave them a couple of months to plan.

Unluckily for them, Jake was deployed for a chunk of those months. They managed to get engagement photos done and send out their announcements before he left. It left the majority of the planning to be done by Eleanor with the help of Torie, Brenda, and her sisters-in-law.

The wedding would be in Texas at Jake's family ranch and they decided to have a military wedding with all the things that came with it.  Cutting the cake with a ceremonial saber, the Arch of Sabers photo, all of it.

They still included country boho in the decorating and Eleanor's dress mostly. But everything was coming together and Eleanor couldn't have been more excited.

Leading up to the wedding, Eleanor was in Texas with Elsie, and Jake was supposed to be flying in just a week before. To say they were counting down the days was an understatement. Both Eleanor and Jake could hardly sleep the days leading up and it wasn't because of Elsie.

The day before the wedding Jake's groomsmen said they planned to kidnap him, along with Maverick and Jake's dad to have a guy's night and spend it in a hotel. But just before they showed up to steal him, Eleanor pulled him aside for a moment, just the two of them.

"I guess the next time you'll see me, I'll be walking down the aisle, yeah?" She told him with a smile.

He nodded, tears welling in his eyes. This girl, Eleanor Bradshaw, was going to become his wife and he couldn't wait for that. "I can't wait to see you in all your bridal glory," he told her with a smile.

She laughed. "I'll be the one in white, you can't miss me," she teased before pressing her lips against his.

"Alright, there will be enough of that!" Bradley yelled as he walked in to find them, wearing a ski mask on his face.

The couple pulled apart and both laughed when they saw his get-up. "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said you were kidnapping him," Eleanor teased.

"Yeah, we've got to get going," he told them before grabbing Jake by the collar and pulling him out of the room.

Eleanor laughed as she followed along to see the group of guys all wearing ski masks and lifting Jake onto their shoulders. "Wait, I want to say goodbye to Elsie!" He exclaimed before they could walk out the door.

"What part of kidnapping do you not get?" Coyote grumbled as they set him down.

Jake rushed over to where Elsie was laying on the ground, surrounded by toys but she smiled brightly when she saw her daddy approaching. "Bye, my sweet angel," he told her as he picked her up, "I will you see tomorrow and I'm sure you will be just as beautiful as your mother."

Eleanor smiled as she watched Jake kiss Elsie lovingly before passing her back to Eleanor. As soon as they baby was out of his arms, the guys picked him back up, all of them laughing as they walked out the door.

"Please make sure he makes it back in one piece!" Eleanor shouted out the front door to them.

"Whatever, sis!" Bradley yelled as they tossed Jake into the car and drove off.

"Those boys, I swear," Torie laughed as they watched the car drive away. Eleanor only nodded in agreement before they went back inside.

Eleanor and the girls stayed at the house and after making sure the decorations were set for the next day with Torie guiding everyone on a very strict schedule, they settled in for the night to have a relaxing night of watching movies and eating semi-healthy snacks since none of them wanted to feel bloated or look bloated in pictures the next day.