⚓︎ chapter eleven ⚓︎

*TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of miscarriage and heavy bleeding*
*I'm so sorry, please don't hate me*

One Month Later

"You're beginning to show a little bit," Jake commented over the computer screen as they Skyped.  Eleanor was showing him the progression of her ever small but growing bump with a smile.

She was currently ten weeks pregnant, which meant that when Jake got home the next day, they would be going to see their first ultrasound appointment to see the baby for the first time.  To say Jake was excited was an understatement.  Though they were not close to finding out what it was, Eleanor thought the baby was a boy, but surprisingly enough, Jake had his heart set on it being a girl.

They also decided that they would wait until after the baby was born to get married. Everybody knew that she was pregnant, so they decided to wait so they could have the wedding Eleanor had envisioned for a very long time, vision board and all. Jake didn't want to just rush her with a courthouse wedding, even though she reassured him she was okay with that, but he insisted.

"It looks more like I'm bloated," she pointed out, "but you're right, a bump is definitely growing."

Jake was currently out on a carrier for some training but was due home the next day in time for the appointment.  As a graduate of Top Gun, he had to do that sometimes to share his knowledge of what he learned with other pilots who hadn't gone to Top Gun.  Eleanor had been keeping herself busy with a few weddings she had done in the past month.

"God, I miss you," he stated, "I cannot wait to come home."

"We can't wait either," she told him with a sincere smile, "just be safe, okay?"

"I always am, you know that," he reminded before offscreen, someone called his name. He looked away as someone told him something before he groaned, looking back at her, "Duty calls, but I'll text you in the morning, okay?"

Eleanor nodded. "I have to go to sleep anyway as well," she told him, "it's late and I'm exhausted."

"Go get some sleep, my love," he told her, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Can't wait," she gushed, genuinely ready to have him home, "I love you, Jake."

"I love you, Eleanor," he told her, "good night."

The call ended and Eleanor stood up from her desk, stretching her arms out before beginning to get ready for bed. She put her hand on her belly, a smile on her lips as she drifted to sleep.

⚓︎

Eleanor stood right by everyone else as they watched the carrier pulling into the port.  Though Jake hadn't been gone for as long as some of the others on the carrier, that didn't mean she didn't miss him any less.

Slowly, the Navy personnel began to make their way off the boat and Eleanor watched as people began shouting names.  She strained her neck to look before finally spotting a very familiar face as he too scanned the crowd for his beautiful fiancée.

"Jake!" She yelled, waving her hands.

He spotted her and immediately took off running up to her before sweeping her up in his arms.  She squealed before he gently set her down, still holding her and pressing his lips against hers in a slightly desperate kiss.

"Get a room!" A familiar voice yelled as they walked up to the couple.

They pulled away to see Natasha walking up.  "Alright, stop hogging your fiancee, there are some of us who want to hug her as well," she stated before pushing Jake away and hugging Eleanor.  Natasha's comment caused Eleanor to laugh before she hugged her back.