⚓︎ chapter seven ⚓︎

The first thing that Eleanor registered when she woke up the following morning was Jake's muscular arm which was securely around her bare chest.  The previous night's events came back to mind and she couldn't help the giddy smile that graced her lips

Their first time had been so much better than either of them thought it would be.  Jake had made sure she was okay the entire time, which she was.  They both weren't virgins, but that didn't mean they couldn't let their first time together be special and take it slow.

Eleanor turned over to see Jake beginning to stir in his sleep before he opened his eyes and looked down at her.  His hair was messy from her running her hands through it the previous night. A smile rose on his lips as he gently kissed her forehead.

"Good morning," she stated.

"It is, indeed," Jake responded, his smile widening.

Eleanor giggled before sitting up, holding the blanket to her chest still.  She could hear people walking around upstairs, which meant they needed to get up.  Jake sat up, the blanket falling down to reveal his chest.  Her eyes raked over his chest and he was quick to catch her eye, causing him to laugh.

"You like what you see?" He teased, pushing her back down on the bed.

Another giggle left her as Jake pressed his lips against hers, disregarding the fact that they both had morning breath and should probably brush their teeth.  Despite wanting a repeat of the previous night's activities, Eleanor pulled away, resting her forehead against his.

"We need to get up and begin getting ready or they are going to get suspicious," she told him.

Jake groaned but agreed.  After pressing one final kiss to her lips, he climbed out of bed, pulling his boxers on from the previous night.  Eleanor got out of bed as well, grabbing a plaid robe hanging up, and wrapping it around her nude body.

"I'm going to go shower," she told Jake, grabbing her toiletries bag and a change of clothes.

As Eleanor stood under the showerhead, she couldn't help but reminisce on the previous night.  It really had been better than she expected, the way Jake was just gentle with her and constantly asked if she was okay, which she was every time.

The door to the bathroom opened and she looked out to see Jake coming in, a smile on his face.  "I thought we could shower together," he told her slyly, "save water and everything, ya know?"

Eleanor laughed.  "Of course," she replied, "got to think about the environment and everything."

He laughed before climbing in with her and they both helped wash the other but tried not to take too long, so everyone upstairs didn't get suspicious.  Eleanor laughed when she saw his back and the scratches she had left, but Jake said he didn't mind one bit. They both finished washing and climbed out, walking back to the room to find Milo sitting on the bed and perking up when they both came back in.

"Hey buddy," Jake greeted, scratching his belly.

Eleanor smiled as she brushed through her wet hair before braiding it back to be out of her face.  After they both were dressed, they walked up the stairs together to find Jake's mom and Harper cooking breakfast, the kids running around and playing, and everyone else enjoying some morning coffee in the living room.

"Good morning," Brenda greeted when she saw them walk up from the basement, "Jake, there's someone in the living room excited to see you and who wants to meet you as well, Eleanor."

Taking Eleanor's hand, Jake walked into the living room, looking over all the faces.  A familiar elderly woman sat in the reclining chair and a smile broke out on her face when she saw Jake.