"Cannibalism Part 1"

Running off of four hours of sleep and a hell of a lot of adrenaline, I make my way to the Port Mafia's base as sneakily as possible. I considered taking the form of Creed to be faster and less noticeable, but I have no idea what's about to go down in there, so I need to save my energy. I don't even have to sneak into their base or worry about finding which room they have her in. But as I see the situation unfolding before my eyes, I come to realize that the former would have been the better option. As I arrive on the scene, I feel my entire world shatter into a million pieces. I find Nekori almost instantly... they have her tied up on a stage before an audience comprised of every single port mafia member. Standing on the stage beside her is Mori, the Port Mafia boss, himself. It seems I have arrived on the tail end of his speech. All I hear him say is this:

"Let this be an example to all of how the Port Mafia deals with TRAITORS."

As he says his final words, he gives the people in the front row a hand signal. A row of men dressed in identical black suits and ties rises to their feet simultaneously. Before I have even comprehended what is happening, the men all pull out their guns and pull the triggers without hesitation. My ears ring with the sound of each bullet exploding from their barrels. Not a single bullet strays from its intended target. They all fly directly into the helpless body of Nekori tied before them. Nekori gives one last muffled scream before her body falls limp- limp and lifeless. That's when it finally sinks in. They killed Nekori. Death by firing squad. And I couldn't do anything to stop it... That's when it finally happens. I snap.

I'm no longer me. I am now a ball of pure anguish. My first instinct is to reach for my own gun, but for some reason my holster is empty. Damn it! I must have forgotten it at Dazai's! That only makes me angrier. With that flame of rage sparked inside of me, I call on my ability at the top of my lungs. "Bīsutoteimā, hitotsu ni naru! Asaka!" I yell out. I completely give away my position to the entirety of the mafia, but honestly, I couldn't care less. My bear form erupts from the place I used to stand. A ferocious growl comes forth from deep inside me, so loud it shakes the ground below. Every mafia member within reach becomes massacred by the ten sharp claws protruding from my grizzly paws. Realizing the attack, the firing squad turns their sights on me and begins firing. A barrage of bullets begins to rain down, but they barely even phase me. After the first impact, I change forms. In a split second, the figure of the bear is replaced by that of Creed. My K9 body moves effortlessly just below the path of oncoming bullets. They whiz just past the tips of my ears as I weave around the crowd, killing everyone in my sight. I can taste nothing but the metallic flavor of fresh blood on my fangs. I'm not thinking straight. In fact, I'm not thinking at all. I push my way through rows and rows of bodies, effortlessly switching between one form and another. Eventually, they all attack me at once. The mafia members resort to a literal dog pile to stop me from causing any more damage. Even with a stack of mafia members on top of me, I'm still fueled by my rage. I try to switch back to my bear form to push them all off of me, but I just can't do it. My mind had been so far gone that I didn't even realize how much energy I was using up. Against my wishes, my body returns to its original form. My eyes, now beyond heavy with exhaustion, close on account of their own free will, and the whole world disappears.

'God, I hope I don't remember this when I wake up...'