𝐱𝐯. you drew stars around my scars

✮ ༄ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 ༄✮ACT II                   CHAPTER 15( you drew stars around my scars )

ACT II                   CHAPTER 15
( you drew stars around my scars )

EVELYN, FINNICK, KATNISS, AND PEETA RAN FURTHER AWAY FROM THE CORNUCOPIA. The heat made their suits cling against their sweat-beaded skin as their heavy pants were mixed with critters of insects and swishes of them passing exotic bushes.

Eve wiped the tears of sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand, yet the droplets appeared again. The climate was nearly unbearable, and running did not help.

The pain in her arm appeared every other minute, depending if they took a sharp turn or decided to run straight ahead. Peeta and Katniss raced in front while the two from District Four remained behind.

Swatting away branches and harmless flies, a few more minutes passed of getting deeper into the jungle when Finnick announced, "Okay, hold up. Hold up."

The group of allies stopped. Katniss and Peeta took note of their surroundings, trying to search for any possible danger. Evelyn took a seat on the ground, catching her breath back while Finnick crouched next to her.

"You alright?" He asked, quiet pants falling from his mouth. Evelyn nodded in response with a light smile before running a hand through her damp hair - water and sweat combined.

"How's your arm?" Finnick nodded to the mentioned body part.

Eve twisted her arm slightly and saw the slashed fabric which had fresh blood staining around it. The wound was no longer bleeding but could easily get infected in a place like this.

Before she could answer, a chiming sound entered everyone's ears, making them jump slightly. A parachute landed on a large leaf next to Finnick. He grabbed it and lifted the latch, chuckling shortly at the note.

"What?" She intriguingly furrowed her brows. The District Four male passed her the note, her eyes rolling when she read it.

OF COURSE IT'S EVE THAT
GETS INJURED FIRST. DUMBASS...
LOVE YOU AND FINNICK
-Z.A

In the small box was a tiny tub of cream which Finnick applied on her cut, trying not to hurt her in doing so. He mumbled a 'sorry' when Evelyn felt a stinging sensation and tightened her grasp on his hand.

Once he was finished, everyone looked at Katniss when she spoke, "That was quick." each Tribute was confused which she soon gathered, "The parachute."

Evelyn let out a 'oh' sound in understanding and nodded slightly. The weather was withering with her mind, causing dizziness to spin inside her head. No doubt that was happening to all of them.