- 𝟎𝟎𝟔

in which, levi ackerman hates y/n l/n, but he loves her just as
much.

stay:
chapter six

stay:chapter six

" what? "

" you will be given a chance to choose your own squad members. you can evaluate their performance and see their results. "

" why am i being made a captain of a team? i'm already under captain y/n's team. " he frowns and erwin nods, smiling slightly.

" levi, you possess strength no one else does. it's good to put it to use. besides, you deserve the position. i've talked to your captain, she has agreed to let you go after she tests your performance one last time in the expedition in two days. "

" i didn't agree to this! "

" think about it. i won't be forcing you, but it's a waste of opportunity. "

once he's dismissed, he's heading straight to her office, furious. he knocks twice, throwing the door open and slamming it shut behind himself.

she doesn't seem phased, was she expecting him?

let him go?

she agreed to let him go? leave her squad so easily? it angered him to no extent. he clenched his fists, flinching as she stood up and made her way towards him.

" relax..."

" don't fucking tell me to relax—"

" levi. " his eyes flutter as she traces his jaw, " control your anger. " then he notices he let his emotions take control of himself again. he takes deep breath, missing the gentle touch of her fingertips.

but when he opens his eyes, she's back on her desk, working.

" what are you planning, exactly? " he asked, voice rough but he's trying his best to calm it down.

" what plan? "

" making me a captain! that is a big fucking responsibility that i am not willing to take! why did you not tell me anything—"

" that's how it is. " she sighs, leaving him gobsmacked. " we train cadets and if a few of them are exceptional, they're made into team captains or squad commander. what are you talking about? "

" i don't want to be a captain. "

" you'll have enough time to think. if you don't change your mind by the time we come back from the expedition, then fine. "

he glares at her, jaw clenched. " fine. "

he'd mess up on purpose on the expedition, poor performance means more training. he can't be a captain, he doesn't want to. he doesn't know how to.

he doesn't...want to leave her squad....her side...

---

somehow, she knew he'd try to mess up. and that infuriated him even more. " don't mess up on purpose, it won't change the results. you'll only risk your and other cadets' lives. "