Chapter 1

"Tsowäl, hurry up

"Tsowäl, hurry up." A 6-year-old boy remarked as Tsowäl attempted to follow after his older brother. "Tonowari, please wait." Tsowäl frowned as Tonowari smiled at him.

Tsowäl is the son of Opä and Usiml. The younger brother of Tonowari and the son of a chief from the Metkayina clan. In addition to being the future clan chief, Tonowari was a year older than him.

"That's not fair; you're faster than me." Tsowäl said this while staring at his brother, who turned to face him. "That's because we don't want Father to be waiting on us." Tonowari said as they continued walking towards the shores.

They saw their father, Usiml, training with other clan warriors. They dashed and sat on a rock to observe their father train. Tsowäl smiled as his father defeated yet another warrior.

Tsowäl admired his father and aspired to be just like him when he grew up. He could still do a lot as a warrior even though he wasn't next in line to be leader. When the warriors finished their training, they began to leave for the day.

Tonowari and Tsowäl approached their father to greet him. Usiml gave his sons a smile before kneeling in front of them.

"When are you going to teach us that move?" Tonowari questioned, and Usiml smirked before smiling again. "When you decide to be a warrior one day." Tsowäl smiled broadly as he said this.

"I want to grow up and be a warrior like you." Tsowäl said, and his father gently grabbed his neck before looking at him. "There is no doubt in my mind that you will be the greatest warrior in this clan." He told his son, and Tsowäl grinned before hugging him.

"Now come on, we don't want to miss dinner, do we?" They nodded and followed him after he asked. People greeted them with respect as they walked. When the two boys saw their mother in the middle, they dashed towards her. Usiml approached his mate and kissed her on the lips as she smiled at them.

"How are my three favorite boys?" She asked, and Usiml smirked before turning to face the boys who were shoving each other. "We're doing great." He told her, and she smiled as she led them to a seat.

The family sat together and ate their meal together. Tonowari noticed his brother was distracted and followed his gaze across the room to see a girl. Tsowäl turned to look at Tonowari, who smirked.

"Why are you laughing?" Tsowäl questioned, and Tonowari smirked before turning to face the girl. "Do you have any idea who she is?" Tsowäl looked at Tonowari before returning his gaze to the girl.

"I've never seen her around here." Tonowari rolled his eyes as Tsowäl spoke. " Her father and Dad are good friends. Aside from dad, her father is one of the best warriors around here." Tonowari explained everything to him.