Chapter 6

A MONTH LATER | RONAL'S POV:

I swam deep in the water with my bag collecting shelves with Lìätrì and Aawä. The two have been my friends for 3 years now and I was so grateful to have them in my life. Though, things changed when Tsowäl came back and he was all they talked about.

I swam back up to the surface after I collected all of my shelves. Lìätrì and Aawä followed along with me and sat on the sand.

"Do you think he will be willing to mate soon?" Lìätrì asked and Ronal raised an eyebrow." Who?" Ronal asked and the girls looked at her." Tsowäl." She said and I scoffed, of course they were talking about him.

"Tonowari told me he wanted to focus on himself before getting him a mate." I said before looking at her shells." Well if he does, I want him to know that I am available. I mean have you seen his abs." She said and started fantasizing about him.

"How do you know if you are his type?" I asked her and they looked at me." That's the good thing about it, is that we can know more about him when we actually spend time with him." Aawä told me and I sigh.

"Girls, look." Aawä said, pointing and we looked to see where she was pointing at to see a big boom out in the distance. Some of the people came out of their homes or stopped whatever they were doing to see what was going on.

Soon the horns were blown and all the warriors gathered around at the center of the village. I looked at the girls before running to see what was going on. I went around everyone trying to get in front. When I got there I stood next to Tonowari as everyone was hissing.

"We need to separate into two teams. Half of us go check this out, while the other half protect the village." Tonowari told his people as they hissed, raising their spears up ready to go.

"We go!" Tonowari yelled as some of the warriors got in the water. I looked and saw Tsowäl grabbing his spear. I ran towards him trying to stop him.

"Tsowäl wait!" I yelled, but he was already in the way. I looked at the water as he swam away from the village. I turned to see his mom walking up to me." I couldn't stop him." I told her as she looked at me.

"He is a warrior, you cannot stop a warrior from doing his duty." She told me and I looked down." I just want him to be safe." I told her, honestly. Even if I avoided him and wasn't on speaking terms with him, doesn't mean I don't care about him.

"I know sweetheart, We need to get ready because in a few hours if something happens we know some of them are going to be injured." She said and I nodded to her. I had no choice but to follow her until they got back.

HOURS LATER

For 7 hours that's how long I waited until they got back. I feared something had happened since the village hasn't been in war for a very long time. My head shot up when I heard the horns blow.

They were back.

I ran out as fast as I could to go find them. Everyone gathered around the beach going to their loved ones as the healers began to help the injured. I looked around and saw Tonowari, ran to him and as I got closer I noticed something or someone in his hands.

Tsowäl

I felt like my breath left my body as I held on to Tsowäl. Opä ran to us and helped Tsowäl inside. I helped her with everything she needed as we tried to help him. Tonowari waited outside as we began to finish helping Tsowäl.

Once we were finished, I laid covers on top of him and pushed his hair out of his face. Opä left the room to go help others as I stayed with Tsowäl.

"Who did this?" I asked and Tonowari looked at me." Demon known as humans. They're the same ones who killed my father." Tonowari said and I could feel tears running down my face. First those demons took our chief and now they were trying to take Tsowäl as well.

"They had these sorts of weapons that could shoot from a mile away. Whatever had hit Tsowäl only scratched him in the stomach but not enough to cause major damage." He told me and I barely listened as my eyes were focused on Tsowäl.

"I better go calm the people call me when he wakes up." Tonowari said and I nodded as I was left alone with Tsowäl. I spent almost 2 hours cleaning his wound as he was still asleep.

"Ronal?" I heard Tsowäl called out to me and I turned to see him looking at me. I slowly walked towards him as he slowly sat up from his spot." What happened?" He asked as she didn't look at him." The demons hit you with their weapon. We almost lost you if you didn't reach us soon." I said as he looked at me.

"Ronal." He called out and I looked at him angrily." How could you go off like that?" I asked him." Go off where?" He asked, I could tell he was confused about what I was talking about.

"To go fight a threat that got your father killed." I said and his eyes widened before glaring at me." I knew what I was getting myself into the minute I chose to be a warrior. I would rather die fighting for my people than to hide." He told me and I shook my head. I would rather him hide just to keep him safe.

"Well I don't want to see you die. You left me for 4 years and I had to push my feelings aside. What would I do if I have lost you for good!" I yelled at him, not realizing what I just said as he looked at me. I looked at him one more time before leaving the hut." Ronal!