Chapter 18

Ao'nung created a sound by using his mouth, calling out to something hidden in the water

Ao'nung created a sound by using his mouth, calling out to something hidden in the water. Shortly after, a creature emerged, playfully frolicking around Ao'nung.

"These are ilu. If you want to live here, you have to ride." Ao'nung stated as they swam towards an ilu. Lo'ak cast a glance at the ilu and flashed a smile. Tsireya walked up to him.

"Allow me to help you," she said, grabbing his attention. She guided the ilu closer to them and shifted her gaze towards Lo'ak. A blush crept onto her face as she glanced downwards. Lo'ak slowly climbed onto the ilu.

"Make the bond gently." she advised him as he took hold of his queue and formed the bond." Feel his breathe. Feel his strength." she emphasized as he closed his eyes, experiencing a surge of emotions.

"Hold here." She instructed, gesturing towards the handle. He quickly grasped it and glanced upwards." Look at his legs." one of Ao'nung's buddies remarked while observing him." Here." Tsireya chimed in, offering her assistance to adjust his position.

Lo'ak glanced ahead before speeding up on his ilu. The strong current of the water made it difficult for him to maintain his grip, so he eventually released the handle. Ewluea simply frowned while Tsireya, Ao'nung, and his friends burst into laughter. Tsireya coughed and quickly covered her mouth.

"You alright forest boy." one of Ao'nung's buddies teased, as they all kept laughing at Lo'ak. Ewluea quickly snatched her ilu and swam towards Lo'ak. "You're putting too much pressure on yourself, you just need to stay calm and trust your ilu," she suggested, while Lo'ak glanced at her before lowering his gaze.

"Try again." She said as she helped him on his ilu." Don't push yourself." She said and he nodded before taking a deep breath and going forward on his ilu.

Lo'ak managed to hold on to the ilu for quite some time before being forcefully thrown off. Despite not being able to stay on the ilu, he was content with performing better than his previous attempt.

Catching sight of Ewluea's smug grin, he couldn't resist smiling in return. Tsireya's eyes narrowed as she witnessed their silent exchange. Deep down, she craved for him to cast that same gaze upon her.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

"Again." Ronal said as Neytiri fell off her ilu once more." You are trying to fly. Ilu does not fly." Ronal strictly told her. Neytiri got back on her ilu.

"You must keep the bond." She glanced at the braid. Neytiri firmly clasped her braid and linked with the ilu." I understand how the bond works." Neytiri retorted, displaying a hint of attitude, before swimming away with the ilu.

Ronal stared at her with a piercing gaze while Neytiri submerged herself underwater, unable to alter her stance as she was once again pushed off the ilu. Frustrated, Neytiri angrily flipped in the water before resurfacing and fixing her gaze upon the ilu.

Ronal simply rolled her eyes and casually gestured with her hand. It was clear that Neytiri's attitude was never going to change.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

"Breathe in," Tsireya instructed, demonstrating the correct way to breathe underwater. She showed the group of teenagers, who were now all back on the surface, how to inhale and exhale properly. "And breathe out."

Positioned between Lo'ak and Tsireya, Ewluea did her best to assist the family with their breathing." Imagine flickering a flame," Tsireya gestured with one hand over her heart and the other raised in the air, saying, "You must slow down your heart beat."

Ewluea presses her hand against Lo'aks chest, sensing his heartbeat." Breathe in," He does what he was told, "Breathe from down here, breathe out slowly."

"Mmh, your heartbeat is fast." Ewluea notices, as Tsireya frowns at that." Try to focus." She said as Lo'ak nodded before breathing in and out.

The rest of them can't help but suppress their laughter, with Neteyam and Rotxo trying hard not to burst out laughing. Meanwhile, Kiri just rolls her eyes at them, unimpressed, while they carry on with the breathing exercise.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

As weeks went by, the sun slowly disappeared behind the mountains, painting the sky with a breathtaking array of colors. Deep beneath the water, four teenagers gleefully swam, embracing the magical realm of their underwater adventures.

Tsireya's face lights up with a bright smile as she catches sight of Tuk and Kiri approaching. She excitedly waves at them to say hello, and they respond with two big grins. The trio then starts circling each other, making their way towards the surface.

"She is so beautiful.." Lo'ak's heart pounded heavily as he gazed at Ewluea, marveling at her exquisite beauty. She moved through the water with grace, swimming on her ilu. Tsireya, who observed the scene, couldn't help but let out a sigh.

"You guys are learning to breathe," Ewluea said as everyone came up for air. Neteyam and Lo'ak burst into laughter, thoroughly enjoying the water in their braids and the pleasant sensation it provided. Tsireya's face lit up with a smile as she observed the girls resurfacing to catch their breath.

Tsireya praised, "You're really getting the hang of this! You're starting to merge with the water." Tuk burst into giggles upon hearing that.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

After a long day, Tsowäl wearily stepped into his home. He realized that the kids hadn't come back yet, leaving only him and Ronal, who was cooking by the fire.

Ronal looked up, her face lighting up with a smile. She stood up and walked towards him. "Hey, my love. I have something to tell you," she said, as Tsowäl moved closer to her.

"What is it?" He asked and she smiled at him." I'm pregnant." Tsowäl halted in his steps and gazed at her. "Are you sure?" He asked, to which she nodded.

With a smile, Tsowäl gently held her cheeks and planted a kiss on her lips. "I'm so excited to share this news with the kids," he exclaimed, as Ronal smiled and nodded in agreement.

Ronal's voice was barely a whisper as he shared his excitement with Tsowäl, "I'm really looking forward to having another child with you." Tsowäl's ear twitched in response, a sign of his own anticipation. "I feel the same way," he replied, a smile spreading across his face.

They sealed their words with a loving kiss, but their moment was interrupted by the sound of giggling. They turned to find their kids standing by the entrance, their laughter filling the room with joy.

With a sly smirk, Tsowäl moved away from Ronal. Ronal retraced her steps back to the flickering fire, while the children entered the hut. A mere 10 minutes later, Ewluea joined them, taking her place in the cozy spot as the family formed a circle around the crackling fire.

With a joyful tone, Tsowäl revealed, "Guess what? You're going to have a new sibling!" The children's eyes widened in excitement as they showered their parents with congratulations.

"I hope it's a girl," Tsireya eagerly shared, while Ao'nung playfully retorted, "Nah, I hope it's a boy. We need more boys in this family." Tsowäl smiled, embracing the loving dynamics of their family.

Ronal reassured them, "Regardless of the gender, our family will love the baby." They all nodded, showing their agreement. Hiaynä snuggled up close to her mother and smiled as she spoke to Ronal's stomach. "I'll be the most amazing big sister to you, and I'll always watch over you. I promise," she vowed. Ronal and Tsowäl exchanged warm smiles, their hearts brimming with happiness.

I had decided to add in some deleted scenes that didn't make it in the movie.