Chapter 20

Tsowäl woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside his hut

Tsowäl woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside his hut. He stretched his arms and yawned, feeling the warmth of the early morning sun on his face. As he got out of mat, he glanced at his wife, Ronal, who was still sound asleep.

Tsowäl saw his two daughters, Tsireya and Hiaynä, already up and getting ready for the day. They were ready to start their daily activities. Tsowäl smiled at them and greeted them with a loving "Good morning."

Just then, Tsowäl noticed something unusual. He saw his niece, Ewluea, already out of the hut. Intrigued, Tsowäl called out to his daughters, "Have you seen Ewluea? Where is she off to so early?"

Tsireya and Hiaynä exchanged puzzled glances, their eyes filled with confusion. "We don't know, father," Hiaynä answered. "She never tells us anything."

Tsowäl furrowed his brows, concerned for his young niece. He turned to his son, Ao'nung, who was sitting by the open waters, enjoying his breakfast. "Ao'nung, have you seen Ewluea this morning?"

Ao'nung shook his head and replied, "No, father. I haven't seen her." Worry started to creep into Tsowäl's heart. He knew Ewluea liked being alone, but he couldn't help but feel concerned for her safety. Ronal, who heard what was going on sat up from her mat.

She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder and said, "Don't worry yourself, Tsowäl. Ewluea is a strong girl. She can take care of herself." She said. She may not like the girl for what she did but she couldn't let her family worry about her too much.

Tsowäl took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing thoughts. He realized Ronal was right - he shouldn't let his worries consume him. "You're right, my love," he replied, giving her a grateful smile. "I will let it go for now and trust that Ewluea knows what she's doing."

Ronal smiled at him before getting up to start her day. Tsowäl sighs before getting his weapons to start the day. He hoped that whatever was going on with Ewluea, she would tell him when she was ready.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

Hiaynä had a big grin on her face as she observed her mother collecting something from the rocks beneath the water and storing them in her little bag.

While her mother's attention was diverted by an unexpected sight, Hiaynä spotted Tuk and swam over to her friend. Curiosity piqued, she narrowed her eyes and swam a little further out to get a better view, all while remaining hidden behind the rocks.

Kiri could be spotted over there, crouching on a different boulder with the breathing jellyfish clinging to her back. Her body was adorned with vibrant spots and stripes that shimmered and lit up, casting a radiant glow on her face. With her arm swaying back and forth, a mesmerizing display of light unfolded as the school of yellow glowing fish gracefully trailed her every move.