Chapter 22

Tsowäl issued a direct command to his most skilled warriors, instructing them to venture forth and locate Lo'ak

Tsowäl issued a direct command to his most skilled warriors, instructing them to venture forth and locate Lo'ak. Unexpectedly, Jake decided to join their ranks, driven by his determination to find his own flesh and blood.

As Tsowäl turned around, his attention was captured by the presence of Ao'nung at the hut. "Father, I deeply regret my actions," Ao'nung expressed, his eyes locked with his father's, brimming with sorrow.

"What was running through your head when you did this?" Tsowäl asked him and Ao'nung looked down." I don't know." He said. Tsowäl's sigh resonated with disappointment as he walked away from his son, leaving behind a lingering sense of sadness and unanswered questions.

The minutes stretched into an eternity as they yearned for the sight of Lo'ak, but at last, their search bore fruit and the haunting melody of a horn reached their ears, confirming the presence of Lo'ak. With a mixture of apprehension and sorrow, they approached the Marius, where a sea of faces had assembled, their collective hopes hanging in the balance.

Tsowäl, Ronal, and Ao'nung were the first to arrive, with Tsowäl fixated on Lo'ak and Loak glaring back at Ao'nung for his actions. However, Tsowäl's attention remained fixed on the scene. Suddenly, Jake emerged from the shadows, forcefully placing his hands on Loak's chest to halt his movements.

"Hey. Hey. Let's have a look at you." He said with concern. Jake carefully inspected his son's body, only finding a few minor scratches that could easily be treated. "He's fine, he's fine." He reassures everyone gathered around." yeah, just a few scratches."

"Lo'ak." All eyes turned towards Neytiri as she approached with Neteyam and Kiri trailing behind her," I pray for the strength, that I will not pluck the eyeballs out from my youngest son!" Ney'tiri's voice echoed with a mix of anger and despair as she descended towards them, her hissing adding an eerie touch to the scene.

"No." Tsowäl speaks up from her words, gaining their attention, "My son knows better than to take him outside the reef." He places a hand behind Ao'nung neck, and forces him to kneel down on one leg, "The blame is his."

Jake releases a heavy breath, and nods his head in understanding as he outstretched his arms a little," Okay, let's go." Lo'ak looked up at them." "No. This is not Ao'nungs fault. This was my idea. Ao'nung tried to talk me out of it." Lo'ak finishes off firmly, as Jake shuffles in his spot and Neytiri gives her son a confused stare.

Tsowäl's gaze fixated on Ronal, her face contorted with suspicion. She tilted her head slightly, torn between conflicting beliefs, yet a wicked notion crept into her mind, blaming her son for this mess.

"Come on." Jake tells the two teens next to him, giving Loak a strict look. Lo'ak moved to walk as Jake followed. "I'll handle this." Jake reassures Tsowäl with a nudge of his head, as he passes him and leads his family away from the oceanic Na'vi.

"Go apologize to him now," Tsowäl told him as Ao'nung looked down before going to find Lo'ak. He looked at his mate who just sighed hodling her stomach before walking home. As they headed back home. They saw that their daughters were asleep and Ewluea was nowhere to be seen, Again.

Ronal glanced at the peacefully sleeping girls and sighed, "Life was definitely simpler before that family arrived." Tsowäl reassured her, "I'm not asking them to leave, Ronal." She let out another sigh, feeling the weight of the situation.

"So, what else do we have to go through for them? Our son almost got someone seriously hurt. Our daughter is struggling with her self-confidence. How much more can I handle?" She questioned him, and he met her gaze. He tenderly kissed her forehead and replied, "We'll make it through, I promise." Ronal looked at him, giving a nod of affirmation.

As they looked up, they spotted Ewluea making her way inside. She halted when she noticed their gaze fixed on her. "Hey?" she said, meeting their eyes. "Outside. Right now," Ronal commanded, and Ewluea glanced at her uncle before stepping outside with Ronal. Tsowäl let out a sigh and headed to bed. He would let Ronal deal with her before having a conversation. For now, he needed some rest.

735 words, Bruh......