Chapter 12

The Reef clan finally made it to the forest and into the Omatikaya territory

The Reef clan finally made it to the forest and into the Omatikaya territory. They got off their Skimwings as Jake and Neytiri yelped at their people and landed on the ground. Tsowäl looked and saw a woman coming towards his brother and knew she was the Tsahìk of the clan.

"Welcome Tonowari, Olo'eyktan of the Metkayina." The woman greeted him as he did the same." Mo'at, Tsahìk of the Omatikaya." He said and she smiled at him." Thank you for joining us." She said as Ronal stood next to Tsowäl.

Someone else joined them and they realized that it was the Olo'eyktan of the clan." Tsu'tey, Olo'eyktan of the Omatikaya." He said and they greeted him." Tonowari." Tonowari said as he and Tsu'tey greeted each other.

"When is the war?" Tonowari asked her and Mo'at looked at Jake who told her something in an entirely different language." Few hours, so please allow us to show you where you can rest to store up your energy for when the real fight comes." She said and Tonowari nodded, turning to his warriors and letting them know.

"Come, while your people rest, we have something to discuss with you." He said and Tonowari nodded before walking away with Tsu'tey and the other leaders.

One by one, they were all placed into separate huts. Tsowäl laid down on his mat as Ronal sharpened her weapon." Maybe you should get some rest." Tsowäl said to her as she looked at him before looking at her weapon." I'm fine." She said as Tsowäl got up and stared at her.

"I don't want you to stress the baby." He said and Ronal sighs as she dropped her weapon to the ground." I just want to be ready." She told him and he frowned at her." I know, but we need to be calm and need to be rested." He told her and she nodded before laying with him.

"What if something happens and I lose you?" She asked and Tsowäl looked at her." You won't lose me. I'll be right here, with you." He said and she frowned before turning around." Promise me." She told him and he put his hand on his chest.

"I promise." He said and she smiled before closing her eyes. Tsowäl looked at her before closing his eyes as well.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

HOURS LATER

The Na'vi warriors from the reef clan prepared for battle. The air was thick with tension, as they knew that today would be a day of reckoning. The humans had encroached upon their sacred land, destroying the delicate balance of nature in their relentless pursuit of resources.

Tonowari stood tall and proud at the forefront of his people. His blue skin shimmered in the sun's light, adorned with intricate tribal markings that told the story of his lineage. He had trained his entire life for this moment, honing his skills in combat and mastering the ways of the water.

He looked to see Ronal and Tsowäl coming out of a hut and walked towards him." Are you sure you want to fight in this condition?" Tonowari asked Ronal, looking at her stomach, she nodded." I'll be fine." She said and he looked at Tsowäl who nodded to him.

Tonowari sighs before walking away to lead his people.

The Na'vi warriors made their way through the dense foliage, they could hear the distant rumble of machinery and the echoing sounds of gunfire.

The humans had brought their advanced weaponry to bear against the Na'vi, seeking to overpower them with sheer force.

But Tonowari knew that they had something far more powerful on their side – their deep connection to Eywa, the guiding spirit of Pandora.

The battle began with a deafening roar as both sides clashed in a flurry of arrows and bullets. The Na'vi moved swiftly and gracefully through the trees, using their knowledge of the forest to their advantage. They were able to anticipate the humans' movements and strike with deadly precision.

Tonowari fought with unmatched skill and determination, his bowstring singing through the air as he released spear to his enemies. He moved like an animal in the water, blending seamlessly into his surroundings as he picked off human soldiers one by one. His spear found their mark with deadly accuracy, striking fear into the hearts of those who dared to challenge him.

But amidst the chaos of battle, tragedy struck. A young forest Na'vi, who had joined the fight to protect her home, was caught in the crossfire. A bullet pierced through her chest, and she fell into the nearby river, her lifeblood staining the water crimson.

Tonowari's heart sank as he witnessed the scene unfold before him. Without a second thought, he leaped into action, diving into the water to save the woman. The river currents were strong, but Tonowari fought against them with all his might. He reached the girl's limp body and cradled her in his arms, desperately trying to keep her head above water.

As Tonowari struggled to bring the girl to safety, a hail of bullets rained down upon them. The humans had seen their opportunity and seized it, ruthlessly targeting the vulnerable Na'vi warrior.

Tonowari felt searing pain rip through his body as multiple bullets tore through his flesh. He knew that his time was running out.

With his last ounce of strength, Tonowari pushed the girl towards the riverbank, ensuring her safety before succumbing to his wounds. He could hear screaming out in the distance as he tried to control his breathing.

"Tonowari." Tsowäl yelled as he swam towards him." Tsowäl, wait." Ronal called out but turned around as a human came towards her. She picked up her spear and killed him, leaving his body to rot in the ocean.

"Tsowäl!" She yelled once more before going to find him. Tsowäl made it to shore and started running where he saw his brother fall. As he got closer he could see nothing but blood and the dead animal next to him, his brother's Skimwing laying there dead.

"No. No. No." Tsowäl said to himself as he looked around for his brother." Tonowari!" He shouted as he looked around. He could hear death around him as the people were fighting with the humans, but all he could think about was his brother.

"Tonowari!"