Chapter 8

3 DAYS LATER

3 DAYS LATER

Ronal just looked at Tsowäl who managed to corner her alone in a hunt.

"Why is it when something happens between us, you're always the one avoiding me." He told her as she stared at him." I'm not avoiding you." She said and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"We kissed and you ran off." He said and she blushed before looking down." Which is why we shouldn't have done that. I am to mate with your brother in a few months, Tsowäl. I can't allow my feelings for you to get in the way of my duty to the people." She said as she tried not to cry.

She never knew her feelings for him could be this strong that it was affecting her so bad. She never wanted him so much in her life right now.

"Are you willing to give up your own feelings just to please other people?" He asked her and she never wanted so badly to say no." I have too." She told him as he let her go." Tsowäl, wait." She said but he already walked off.

Tears fell from her eyes as she watched him go once again. But nonetheless she would see him at dinner anyway.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

Opä looked at her kids as they all sat in her hut, together eating dinner. Nobody said anything for the past few minutes as they ate their food. Ronal looked at Tsowäl, who was avoiding looking at her.

"So, how was everyone's day?" She asked and Tsowäl shrugged at her words. Opä and Ronal frowned at him as Tonowari spoke up on his day.

"It was good. We've got a lot of people from the village who want to become warriors so it was nice." Tonowari said and Opä smiled before nodding." Tsowäl, how is your search going?" She asked and everyone looked at her.

"What are you talking about?" Tsowäl asked and she smirked." The search for your mate." She said and Ronal's eyes widened before booking at Tsowäl." I haven't had time to look, I've been busy." He said and his mother raised an eyebrow at him.

"Busy doing what?" She asked and he frowned." Just stuff, I do not have time to be looking for a mate. And why would I want to when we literally have demons trying to take over our home." He said and Opä sighs before putting her plate down.

"Tsowäl, these demons are not going to stop us from finding happiness. In about a month your brother will be mated with Ronal and maybe you should get to know Sälilat." She suggested and he stared at her.

"And why her?" He asked." Because it would be a good opportunity to have a good alliance with the other clans." She said and he stared at her." Come on she's nice, she's pretty and she would make a beautiful mate for you." She said and Tsowäl looked down.