Chapter 17

Tsireya, Ewluea, Roxto, and Ao'nung leapt into the water, swimming gracefully

"Come on." Neteyam said before jumping in the water." Whoo-hoo!" Lo'ak shouted as he jumped in the water. They both inhales sharply before going under water. Tuk and Kiri jump in before jumping behind them.

The ocean looked beautiful, with the reef and sea creatures swimming about them. It felt like another world. To put it simply, it was magical. The chilly water also felt lovely against their shoulders.

Ewluea grimaced as she stared at the Sully kids who were fighting to keep up with them and were constantly gasping for oxygen. Tsireya made a sign to them as they went underwater. They all looked at her, puzzled by what she had just done.

Tsireya simply smiled and motioned them over. They swam a little longer before having to surface again. The boys exhaled deeply as they gasped. When they placed their heads in the water, they were surprised to find the reef kids swimming up to them.

"Are you all right?" Tsireya asked them as Ewluea appeared next to her." You're too fast! Wait for us." Tuk said as she rubbed her eyes to get rid of the water.

"Just breathe." Ewulea told them." Breathe." Lo'ak looked at her as they took a deep breath." You are not good divers. Maybe good at swinging through trees, but...." Ao'nung said as Rotxo laughed. Tsireya hit Ao'nung on the head who then looked at her.

"Come on, bro." Lo'ak complained to them." We don't speak this finger talk, guys. We don't know what you're saying." Neteyam told them." I will teach you." Tsireya said as Rotxo started talking.

"Where is Kiri?." He asked." Kiri?" Tuk said, looking around for her sister." Who?" Ao'nung asked as Lo'ak and Neyeyam glared at him." Kiri. Where is Kiri?" Rotxo asked as everyone looked around for the girl

"I will find her." Ewluea said before going underwater." So Ewluea is your cousin?" Lo''ak asked and Tsireya nodded." Her father died in battle with the sky demons years ago. So my parents took her in." She said and Lo'ak nodded as Ewluea came back.

"Did you see her?" Tsireya asked and Ewluea nodded." She is playing with the fishes." Ewluea said." Come, let us introduce you to the ilu." Tsireya said before swimming with everyone following her.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

Hiaynä watched her siblings and cousin train the Sully kids in boredom. She had to stay with her mom because Ronal didn't trust her to be around the Sully family, fearing they would be a bad influence on her at such a young age.

Hiaynä sighs before looking at her mom who was helping a man with their arm.

"Mama, I'm bored." She said as Ronal looked at her." Why don't you go play with your friends?" She asked, looking at her daughters friends, who was in a smaller pond away from everyone else." I want to help Tsireya and them." Hiaynä said as Ronal sighs.

"You will once I feel safe for you to go over there." She said and Hiaynä grunts before lying down and watching the water.

This was going to be boring.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

A Skimwing growled and hisses as Tsowäl and a few warriors held it down for Jake. Instead of starting with an Ilu, Jake wanted to ride the Skwimwing instead.

"This is a warrior's mount. Not easy to master." Tsowäl said as Jake grabbed his braid from his back." Perhaps you should start with an ilu." Tsowäl said as Jake held a rope in his hand. Jake got on the Skimwing before looking at Tsowäl.

"Nah. This one." He said before connecting his braid with the Skimwing and the animal started shaking rapidly." Now remember, when you dive back in, good position. Very important." Tsowäl told him but Jake wasn't really listening to what he was saying.

"Uh-huh." Jake grunts as the Skwimwing growler softly." I got this." Jake said, looking at Tsowäl who just shrugged and looked straight ahead." Hyah!" Jake took off on the Skimwing as Tsowäl and the other guys watched him.

Tsowäl watched as Jake had a bad position when he got in the water. Jake was holding on the saddle, but eventually let go as the current was too strong. The guys laughed as Tsowäl sighs before his hand on his head. He didn't listen.

"Perhaps you can listen to my advice and start with an Ilu?" Tsowäl asked as Jake swam to him." No. Again." Jake said, he was determined to succeed in this, and he wasn't going to stop. Tsowäl nodded in hesitation, before eventually going again.

ꔌꔌꔌꔌꔌ

Tsowäl walked home to the hut as he was finish with his duties and helping Jake fit in. But it was difficult since Jake was someone who wants to take on a challenge instead of doing taking it slow.

Tsowäl walked in to see his wife cooking by the fire as his kids were in a corner. He didn't see Ewluea yet, so he just assumed that she was still in the water. Hiaynä looked up to see her dad coming in before running to him.

"Hi daddy." She said as Tsowäl picked her up." Hi, sweetheart. How was your day?" He asked and she smiled before telling him her day." I was with mommy all day, helping her with people who were hurt." She said and he grinned at her." Oh, we're you know?" He asked and she nodded, shaking her head.

"It was fine though, and I couldn't hang out with my friends." She said and Tsowäl nodded before putting her down. He rubbed Ao'nung's head as Ao'nung who didn't want his hair to mess up, moved his father's hand away from his hair. Tsowäl smirked before kissing Tsireya on the head and going to Ronal.

"Hey honey." He said as she smiled at him." How was training you know who?" She asked him and he sighs." Let's just say he is an impatient guy. He doesn't listen." He told him and she scoffed." Of course he doesn't. He probably thinks he knows at all." She said as she put the fish on the plates before handing them to her kids.

Ewluea had just can in as the kids sat down and ate their food. Ao'nung scoffed at Ewluea who sat down in front of him. Tsowäl handed the girl her plate before sitting next to his wife.

"Kids, how was training the Sully kids?" Tsowäl asked them as Tsireya smiled." It is going well, father. We are going to teach them on how to breathe so that they don't have to keep coming up for air every 30 seconds." She said and he nodded before looking at Ao'nung." We will soon teach them how to ride a Ilu." He simply said as he continue eating.

"How was your day, Ewluea?" Tsowäl asked. Ewluea looked up to see everyone looking at her." It was okay." That was all she said as she looked down on her plate. Ronal glared at her. What an ungrateful child.

The few of them were done as Tsowäl was walking around with Hiaynä in his arms as she just laughed out loud. Tsireya giggled while Ao'nung smirked at them. Ronal smiled at them as she put the plates together to get washed. Ewluea smiled at them before meeting Ronal's glared.

Ewluea sighs before turning around to go to sleep. The rest of the family were up for about an hour before everyone went their own separate mats and went to bed.