chapter 21

must you do this

Looking up at the sky. I was in Lilith's garden trying to relax but found it almost impossible with Charolette screaming. She was playing with her toys jumping and running around like children in those medicine commercials. and my head was banging. last night was so stressful. because Charolette's room was not ready yet. I had her in my bed next to me. and in the middle of the night, Charolette woke up because she had a tummy ache and couldn't go back to sleep, as well as peeing on the bed. so, not only did I have to change the sheets. well, not me Technically the maids did it. but I had to bath her and because of the bath she was practically fully woken up, so it took hours to get her back to sleep.

and Lilith was nowhere to be found. I wonder why the demon who does not need sleep and has high amounts of energy is never around when shit like this happens in the middle of the night. but always seems to show up when I'm horny and in the mood. don't believe me watch this.

"Man, I'm horny" Looking around the garden I could hear footsteps heaver then charlottes approach me very slowly "Now what do we have here" Turning my attention to the voice Lilith stood in a simple white ruffled shirt and some black leather pants "I could ask you the same thing miss demon queen" she cocked her head at me she looked around as if she was looking for something. "The air smells weird."

"Weird how. do I smell?"

"no. not weird like that. it's just I expected it to smell like something and yet it's not here" Sitting down next to me Lilith plucks a flower from the ground putting it behind my ear. "How romantic," I said sarcastically. watching as Charolette now rolled around the grass like a log "What's up with you."

"I have a headache and I'm really tired. want me to be in a good mood. watch Charlotte for a few hours while I nap." laying down on the grass Lilith kissed my forehead. "it's a deal. Have a nice nap" Closing my eyes I slowly fell asleep my mind was blank and so I had no dreams. but it didn't mean I enjoyed the well-needed sleep any less. though I couldn't help but get the feeling that something chaotic was happening as I rested. though if I'm being honest, I couldn't care any less, so I continued to sleep.

and sleep until I felt refreshed but that's when the feeling of something wrong returned, so I forced myself out of my sleep. and was still in the garden wrapped up in a blanket. a pillow under my head and a bottle of water next to me. everything looked the same before I went to sleep minus the fact that both Charolette and Lilith were nowhere to be found. everything looked fine...

"Hi Mommy" Looking behind me Charolette stood covered in mud and dirt with leaves and sticks in her hair and her arms was a white and gold three-headed puppy demon dog "Jesus Charolette you're such a mess" Getting up from the floor I took a good look at her wondering how in the world had she gotten so dirty. "where's your mother. to think she let you look like such a wild child. and where did you get that creature from."

"Well after you went to sleep. Mommy played with me for a while but then she had to go do something, so she left me. and then I found this guy in the bushes and we played a bit and that's how I got dirty." my jaw had practically dropped. "What do you mean she left you?"

putting down the puppy Charolette scratched her head. "She told me that she had important business to take care of. and I can take care of myself." I felt a rage in the pit of my stomach. and I think Charolette could also tell I was getting mad. because her happy disposition changed to sad "I'm sorry Mommy. I messed up didn't I" I took a deep breath kneeling to Charolette's height I rubbed her head. oh, sweetheart you did nothing wrong." rubbing some of the dirt off her cheek Charolette giggled "Come now let's get a bath you're an absolute mess." taking Charolette's hand we walked through the palace walls with the little demon dog behind us.