Nine

Phil POV
I stared at Dan angrily, hoping that my point was made. We were the normal vampires, and Dan needed to get his pretty little head out of his ass and realize it. Maybe now at least one person in this place won't look at me like a rabid dog.

Dan stared at me, eyes glowing in anger. He looked like he was about to explode, but I could see it fading as realization set in. I could feel Zoe through the wall, watching Dan too.

Dan was quiet, but I could almost hear his thoughts racing through his head. I sat back down, feeling drained. I just wanted to sleep for a million years, and just forget everything that has happened in the past few hours. I just didn't want to be conscious.

Dan followed me as I sat, his eyes staying on mine the whole time. I could see the animosity fading from his eyes, dwindling into an almost confused look. He didn't look confused at me, however. He looked confused at himself.

"He's right," Zoe's soft voice came out of the other cell, but Dan didn't turn his head. He continued to stare at me.

"I'm sorry," Dan whispered, startling me slightly. I wanted him to feel bad for treating us like shit, but I didn't actually expect an apology.

"It's fine. Can we just start over?" I asked, hiding my shock. Dan nodded, then stuck his hand through the bars of the cell hesitantly.

"I'm- I'm Dan. Howell. Dan Howell, that's my full name," he said awkwardly, making me smile.

"I'm Phil. Phil Lester, that's my full name," I mocked, grabbing his hand and shaking it.

Dan's eyes lit up. "Vampires have last names?" He asked innocently. I rolled my eyes, dropping his hand. "I'm sorry, I just don't know much about... You guys," he said timidly.

"Well, the beautiful girl next door is Zoella Sugg. She also has a last name," I joked, looking at the wall between me and Zoe. I could practically feel her glare through the stone.

"My name is Zoe," she said harshly.

"Zoella is so pretty though," I commented lightly, knowing that she hates her name. "It's so unique."

"I agree, it's very pretty," Dan said softly, his eyes looking everywhere but at us. I scowled. He cannot go from hating all vampires to flirting with one, it doesn't work like that. Especially if that vampire is not me.

"Thank you, still hate it," she said casually. I smirked at her through the wall. I was about to stand up to go lie on the cot when I felt Dan's eyes on me.

I raised my eyebrows. "Like what you see?" I asked.

Dan scowled at me. "I told you not to do that," he said harshly.

"Yeah well you aren't the boss of me, are you?" I asked menacingly. We both glared at each other for about five seconds before I heard a cough from the other cell.

"Can you guys go five seconds without the unbearable sexual tension between you too?" Zoe said lightly. I could feel my cheeks heating up with blush. Since when did I blush? I don't think I've ever blushed before, so why now?

I saw the process of Dan comprehending what Zoe said. First he looked confused, then his eyes grew big, and his cheeks reddened as well.

"There is not sexual tension," Dan shouted, hiding his face.

"Yeah, Dan's just an idiot," I said, trying to hide my blush as well.

"Hey!" Dan said, looking at me. I glared back at him before I realized we were doing the same thing again. We both blushed even more, and redirected our gaze.