Eighteen

Phil POV
I watched as Troye took down two more officers. I knew that he was probably the strongest of us in the house, but I didn't know it was to this extent.

Louise lifted a man over her head and threw him at a tree. His body crumpled to the ground. I knew he had to be dead. I looked down at Dan, who was watching with horror.

They tackled Tyler, and I heard him yell out Troye's name in desperation. Troye turned to him, and even from this distance I could see the pain and anger in his eyes. He picked up a gun from the ground and pointed it at the men sitting on Tyler.

My breath hitched as I watched them follow his orders, putting their hands up. I felt that maybe, just maybe, Troye would save us from this fiasco.

My hopes were crushed immediately as I watched another group run up behind Troye with their guns raised. Troye turned, his eyes big and full of tears. He dropped to the ground with his gun, and the members put handcuffs on him quickly.

They marched all four of them, Joe, Louise, Troye, and Tyler, toward the vans. Joe and Louise were set against one while Tyler and Troye were pushed against another.

I barely caught that Troye grabbed Tyler's hand, and I couldn't help but glance down at Dan. I grabbed his hand in mine, and he squeezed tightly, but didn't look back at me.

"We have to help," Zoe whimpered from Alfie's arms. I shook my head, but I felt my resolve start to fade away. I couldn't just sit back and watch.

Troye banged his head against the van loudly, making me look back at the scene. Tyler was shaking his head rapidly, and I could hear him yelling something.

Louise slumped over against the van. She looked utterly defeated. I don't know what caused the change with Troye and Louise's disposition, but it had to be something serious.

Dan let go of my hand and charged forward angrily. "Dan, no," I whispered forcefully, grabbing his arm and holding him back.

We were in plain view, but nobody noticed. They were focused on the vampires in front of them.

A couple officers started to cheer, making my heart drop.

An official looking Clan member, probably the one in charge, pulled a gun out of his holster and pointed it at Louise's head.

"No!" Zoe screamed, but it was drowned out by the sound of the gunshot. Louise crumpled to the ground in a motionless heap. They killed Louise.

I had enough of holding back as soon as I saw him point the gun at Troye. I took off toward him, with footsteps right behind me. It couldn't have been Dan, I was running too fast, so I didn't bother to find out who it was.

A couple clan members yelled when the spotted us, but I didn't stop. The man pointing the gun at Troye turned around to find the source of the commotion, but he couldn't have had enough time to register it because I grabbed him and threw him into the van next to Troye. He was shaking, but no tears were falling anymore. He looked over at me with his large blue eyes. "Phil, you were supposed to go!"

"Louise," I muttered. I looked over at her lifeless body and saw Zoe huddled over her, crying noisily into her body. She must've been the one running behind me. I grabbed the gun out of the hands of the man who shot Louise and pointed it at the member running at Zoe. They killed Louise. I had every right to kill them. So I shot him. He crumpled to the ground.

I pointed it at another coming at us, and shot him too. I hit his knee, and he fell with a yell.

"Those are flimsy," I pointed at the handcuffs. "You can break them."