Chapter Twenty

It's not long before I hear a banging on my door and Keaton's voice yelling through the thick wood.

"Willow! Let me in! You can't be alone until the protection spell is up!"

I try to wipe my tears away before I turn to the door and unlock it.

Keaton walks in and closes the door behind him. I can tell that I didn't do a good job wiping the tears away and he can tell that I was crying.

"Willow, you know that Devlin didn't mean what he said. He was just upset because your life is in even more danger now."

I scoff at his words.

"He meant what he said, we both know he did."

Keaton sighs but doesn't try to argue his point.

"Well, I don't know if you care but he's fine. A little scorched right now, but he'll heal." Keaton tells me.

"I don't care, and if I see him I'll light him on fire again!"

"Okay, Willow. I know that you are upset and Devlin did kind of deserve it, but-"

I cut Keaton off before he tries defending him.

"He more than deserved it, Keaton! He called me pathetic!"

Not to mention that he called me pathetic because he thought I had attacked Ria because I was jealous. So what if I was jealous? That just means that I was starting to care about him! Although, maybe that is pathetic since it is clear that he doesn't give a damn about me.

"And you know what, Keaton? If you're just going to defend him then you can get the fuck out of my room!"

Keaton doesn't leave, but he does hold his hands up as a sign of surrender.

"I'm sorry, Willow. You're right, I shouldn't be trying to defend him and I do understand why you are so upset. He never should have acted the way he did or said the things he said. This is something you two will have to work out between yourselves, I shouldn't have tried to get involved."

"Don't hold your breath on us working it out." I put air quotes around 'working it out' and glare at him, still annoyed that he did that to me.

Keaton chuckles at my use of them and walks over to me. When I don't step back, he puts his arms around me in a hug.

"I'm sorry about that. I know that you can defend yourself, but demons are different than vampires and werewolves. And after the first time..." He trails off and I throw my head back and groan.

"Am I ever going to live that down?"

It was my first time out in the demon realm, and I admit I was stupid but that doesn't mean that I can't fight a demon!

"Probably not." Keaton chuckles at me and then releases me from the hug.

"Come on, let's do something to get your mind off of all of this," Keaton says.

"Like what?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"Hmm, well I can think of a few things. And from what I heard last night and this morning, I'm sure you can too."

Ugh, I forgot about that! All of them having way better hearing than me is annoying, and I keep forgetting about it. I'll have to make sure to store that information away, it might be important at some point.

"Actually, I wanted to try something while we wait for Aizen and Everett to get back. Will you help me?"

"Of course, especially if it's something sexy," Keaton replies.