Epilogue

*Maeve's POV*

As soon as Maeve enters the room, Simon is rushing over.

"So, how did it go? Do you think she will cooperate?"

She scoffs at his words.

"She was a hard one to break when she was a kid. But now? After she has been gone for almost two months? It will be even harder to break her again, if it's even possible."

Maeve shakes her head and Simon looks disappointed with the news, the wrinkles in his face even more pronounced.

"Well, we will have to try. We won't win this war without her on our side."

"Yes, we will still try. And even if we can't break her again, we can always use her mates as leverage. That is why I ordered Kaden not to kill the werewolf that was with her. We might need him and the others to motivate her."

Simon makes a noise of disgust.

"Well, I hope that you allowed them to injure the dog at least. Filthy creatures, werewolves."

"Yes, I couldn't take that away from Kaden. He has been so angry since she left. We might be able to use his anger to break her though, if worse comes to worst."

Maeve and Simon walk over to the table in the room and take a seat. There is a tea set on the table and they both busy themselves getting a serving.

"Is it safe to assume that she has learned who she is now?"

Maeve pauses at Simon's words.

"She hasn't given anything away yet, but I don't think she knows everything. Her vampire side is just starting to come out, so she might know about that. But I can't imagine she would have had the time to find out anything about her parents."

Simon nods and takes a sip of tea before responding.

"That's probably for the best. If she did know, it would only distract her from our goals. It would make her reckless."

Maeve can't help but agree. Learning that information would make this fight too personal for Willow. It might set her on a path for revenge that we can't afford right now. Willow would be even harder to control then, only focused on her own goals.

The longer they can keep that information from her, the better. Because the only way that this can end is war, and Willow is their secret weapon.