19.

~Rose

I don't even know where my head is at as I enter my apartment building and Chifuyu and Baji are already taking off with their bikes. Showing them where I live? No wonder if tomorrow I'm met with 5 guys standing infront of the entrance waiting for me.

I began going up the stairs when I hear some voices coming from the upper floors and a door closing. I stop for a moment as I feel anxiety. I'm just overthinking, those are just the neightbors having some guests I guess? I take one step up and I hear-

"Door B12- clear, moving on." and then static noise like from a radio and imedietly I freeze.

Oh, no...the police.

I turn around and head for the exit, open the door but two police cars just stop right infront of me. I'm about to take off running but one of the policemen points a gun at me. Quickly I step back and swing the door closed just before a bullet pierces it and a little gash of light shines throught the hole created by the bullet.

"Downstairs!" I hear the cop from the upper floors yelling to someone.

I begin running up the stairs and while doing so I decide to look up to the upper floors. I see three men running down and pretty much we're headed in the same direction. I realise that the panic I'm feeling right now is clearly making me make dumb decisions. I stop for a moment and look around. My eyes land on the door next to me. With all my power I run towards it and slam my body into it so hard that I fall to the ground. I look up and see that I've almost broken the lock. I get up quickly, take two steps back and then charge at the door. The door cracks open and I fall to the ground inside the apartment dorm. An old couple are already standing on their feet, probably having heard the first slam on their door, and looking at me scared. I get up on my feet while also holding my shoulder that hurts from the strong impact.

I begin running towards the old people.

"Where is the window?!" I yell and they flinch,scared. "Where can I find a freaking window!" I yell out panicked and the man hugs the woman as she cries out in fear.

I groan in frustration and just this moment one of the police men enters through the door with a pointed gun towards me. I jump backwards just as he shoots and I stumble to the ground the old man and woman back themselves up in the corner. I look around wildly. I still have time to think while the policeman is still walking the little hall heading to the room. Use the environment! Use the environment! I see a chair in the corner next to a little table. I get up on my feet quickly and run towards it.

The policeman just turns around the corner quickly with his gun pointed ahead of him and that when I slam the chair in his head. He falls to the ground almost unconscious and his gun is dropped. Quickly I bend over and take his gun and just as quickly I jump backwards when gunshots from the other two policemen echo through the apartment. My back is pressed tot the wall while I'm also sitting on the ground and my heart is beating like crazy. I check how many bullets are left in the pistol. There are eleven. Just enough for these motherfuckers.

I point the gun at the cop's head infront of me who's just about to stand up. My finger pulls the trigger and here it is. Another family left without their dad. But that's what I gotta do to survive. It may be selfish, but those are the laws of survival.

"Jared's dead! We need a back up! I repeat - we need a back-" I show myself from the corner and shoot the cop in the front just as he's talking and he falls to the ground. I hide myself again and a few bullets fly right where my head was a moment ago.

"Gotham GCPD show yourself or we'll have to shoot you!" One of them yells,as more policemen have already entered the little hall.

I take out a shaky breath.