12. The Black Fairy

"What is going to happen today?" Peter asks Rachel as she walks towards the Town Hall.

"Emma will call Regina out", Rachel answers. "Want to come?"

"Will the boy be there?" Peter asks.

"No he has school", Rachel answers. "But Rumple will be there."

"Then I don't think I should be there", Peter says. "Tell me what happened later." Saying this Peter disappears. Rolling her eyes Rachel enters the Town Hall.

She sees an empty seat beside Gold and sits down. "Can't find another seat?" Gold asks, irritated.

"We may not see each other except when absolutely necessary but to the town we are still the perfect father-daughter", Rachel says, equally irritated. "And I needed to ask you something."

"I don't think I can stop you, so go right ahead", Gold says trying not to shout.

"About the plot Regina bought", Rachel says as if she didn't hear Gold. "Why did you sell?"

"I'm tempted not to answer", Gold says. "But since I made a deal I will tell you." Saying this he pauses. Rachel looks at him raising her eyebrows. "Because I am playing dirty politics."

Regina has started the meeting but the two don't pay any attention. "You want Regina to think that you support her?" Rachel asks.

"Yes", Gold answers. But before either can say anything else Emma stands up. She brings out the files she and Sidney found and accuses Regina of building a home in the woods by stealing money from the funds.

Regina looks taken aback but quickly composes herself. "I intended for it to be a secret, but since Ms. Swan has shown the files I will reveal the truth."

"It won't be good for Emma", Rachel mutters.

"Definitely not", Gold mutters back.

"I am building a playhouse for the children. And I designed it from a picture I saw in my son's storybook."

--------

"Congratulations on your courage, Ms. Swan", Gold tells Emma. They are standing outside the Town Hall along with Rachel.

Regina walks over to them. "You messed with my car's brakes", Emma says, immediately.

"I don't even know what you're talking about", Regina says, appearing confused. "But let me tell you what I came here to say. After everything you did, you are not allowed to meet Henry without my permission. And if you do, I will take you to court and put a restraining order on you."

Saying this Regina walks away leaving Emma devastated. "She didn't say I can't meet Henry. I will make sure he's alright", Rachel says to reassure Emma.

Gold looks at Rachel and slightly raises an eyebrow. Rachel senda a glare towards Gold but Emma is still looking at Regina and misses the exchange.

After Emma and Rachel enter the Sheriff's Station, Sidney soon enters. "I hope we are allies."

Emma nods her head and turns towards Rachel. "Can you inform him?" She asks Rachel.

"I will go now." Saying Rachel heads out.

---------

Rachel enters her house to see a van in the driveway. A flower van. "Hell", Rachel mutters and quickly goes into the living room.

"Please tell me that's not the van I am thinking about", Rachel says spotting Gold.

"I am afraid I don't know which van you are referring to", Gold answers, politely.