19. The Curse Broken

The three of them enter Gold's shop. He looks up from what he is doing. "How can I help you?" He asks.

"Henry's under a sleeping curse", Regina says.

"And we need your help to break it", Emma says.

"Not just any sleeping curse", Rachel adds. "The one she used on Snow White."

"Then you need True Love", Gold says nodding at Rachel. "I have some here. I smuggled it from the Enchanted Forest. However retrieving it is the main problem. And Ms. Swan must do it."

"Where is it?" Regina asks immediately.

"Did you bring your friend?" Gold asks turning to Regina. Regina's expression is all the answer he needs. "I knew you couldn't resist bringing her. I hid it in her."

"What are you talking about?" Emma asks confused.

"You need to see it", Rachel answers. "But I believe we have something that can help you."

"Yes", Gold says gesturing for Rachel to bring it. She brings the long wooden box. Gold opens it to reveal a sword. "This belonged to your father", he says looking at Emma.

She takes the sword and unseathes it. "Let's go then", she says looking at Regina and Rachel.

Regina immediately starts to walk for the door but Rachel doesn't. Emma notices this. "Aren't you coming?" She asks. Even Regina looks back surprised.

"No you two need to do this yourselves", Rachel says.

"Alright", Regina says and Emma follows her out.

"I'm surprised you didn't go with them. I expected you to", Gold says. "After all you have magic."

"How do you know that?" Rachel asks.

"Because I pay attention", Gold replies. "So?"

Rachel considers Gold for a second before sighing. "Because I know you will use it to bring magic here. And the curse can only be broken by True Love's kiss."

"Impressive", Gold says. "You do know more than I thought."

"There is another reason", Rachel says. "I know where Belle is."

Gold stares at Rachel shocked. "She's gone", he says finally.

"Look here then", Rachel says bringing out Henry's storybook.

She opens the page to where Belle's story is. "See? She was captured by the Evil Queen after she had a few adventures of her own. She's alive and here."

"Then why have I never seen her?" Gold asks.

"Because she is kept locked here as leverage over you", Rachel explains. "I am going to get her and bring her here. You need to get the potion."

Gold looks at Rachel as if she's mad. "She doesn't remember you. And you need to get magic if you want to break the curse without Emma's help."

"Fine", Gold says through gritted teeth. "But if you harm her you're dead."

"I know", Rachel replies before walking out and heading towards the hospital.

She spots Jefferson waiting nearby. "Regina's still inside", he says.

"She will have to leave soon", Rachel responds. "While we wait tell me why you wanted my help."

"Because you are Gold's daughter", Jefferson replies. "Not in the Enchanted Forest but here you are. And you won't leave anyone under Regina's control."

"Makes sense", Rachel says. She has found herself helping Gold more and more and so has Gold. It has confused her a lot. Even Peter pointed it out to her.