18. The Truth

Rachel stops outside the door to Mary Margaret's loft. It seems August is installing a lock.

"What are you doing?" Rachel asks curiously.

"Installing a lock to make sure Regina can't get in using her skeleton key", August replies. "Annnnnnd done.*"

August opens the door and enters with Rachel. "That is a good idea", Rachel tells Emma and Mary Margaret.

"Thanks", Mary Margaret says after throwing a glare towards Emma. "It was Emma's idea so she should be saying thanks", Mary Margaret adds pointedly.

August and Rachel exchange a look trying to stifle their laughter. August clears his throat. "I should get going. See you." Saying he walks out.

"So?" Rachel asks turning to Emma.

"Regina made Sidney give a confession", Emma says. "What about you? How did yours went?"

"It was well it was", Rachel answers vaguely. "What are we doing next?"

"I am hiring Gold to build a case against Regina and take Henry back", Emma answers.

"Really?" Mary Margaret says.

"Yes, I am ready to be a parent", Emma says.

"That's good", Rachel says happily.

Emma and Rachel's walkie-talkie crackles and Henry speaks from the other end. "Emma, Rachel meet me at Granny's."

"We are on our way kid", Emma answers. "Let's go."

Emma and Rachel head to Granny's. As they are about to enter August catches upto them. "Emma I know what you need to defeat Regina", he says.

"Not now August", Emma says. "We can talk later."

They walk past August and enter. They find Henry sitting in a booth. Rachel sits down beside him while Emma sits opposite them.

"What is it?" Rachel asks.

"There is a new story in the book", Henry says opening Pinocchio's story. "And it's not completed."

Emma sighs. "Go to school, Henry", she says.

"But-", Henry begins but Rachel cuts him off.

"No buts Henry. Emma's right you need to go to school", Rachel says.

Henry sighs defeatedly. "Fine but when I get back we are talking about this." Saying this he gets up and goes to catch his bus.

--------

"Gold called", Rachel tells Emma. "He needs me."

"Go ahead", Emma says and Rachel makes her way to the shop.

"What happened?" Rachel asks Gold, entering the shop.

"Pinocchio called", Gold answers. "He wants to talk about some problems about Emma."

"I met him today", Rachel says.

Marco enters then and talks with Gold. He takes a clock and August enters at the moment. Seeing Marco, August stops.

As Marco exits he wishes August, "Good day" and leaves. August looks after Marco with longing in his eyes.

"If you are going to die", Gold begins. "Then why are you scared to say hello to your father?"

August ignores the question. "Emma is more occupied with her custody battle. She won't believe in magic as long as she is occupied."

"I wonder if I can trust you", Gold wonders aloud. "Given your true nature." Gold pauses looking at August. "But I will give Emma a nudge in the right direction."