13. Where Is Kathryn?

Rachel quickly makes her way down to the Station. She enters to find Emma waiting for her. "What happened?" Rachel asks.

"He was beating Moe French with his cane", Emma answers. "I had to get him admitted in the hospital." Rachel sighs.

'𝖂𝖍𝖞 𝖉𝖎𝖉𝖓'𝖙 𝕴 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖕 𝖍𝖎𝖒? 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖙'𝖘 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍.'

"I'm sorry", Emma says looking guilty.

"It's alright", Rachel says. "You're just doing your job. Can I talk to him alone?"

Emma nods and Rachel goes inside. Gold looks up from his cell. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "It's the middle of the night."

"Emma called to inform me about what happened", Rachel answers. She looks back to make sure Emma isn't there and lowers her voice. "It would have been suspicious if I didn't come immediately."

"So are you supposed to stay until I get out?" Gold asks.

"I'm going back now", Rachel replies, smirking slightly. "And I see they took your stick."

--------

"Finally they let you out?" Rachel asks in a mocking tone when Gold enters the next afternoon.

"Not now", Gold says through gritted teeth.

"What happened?" Rachel asks furrowing her eyebrows.

"Regina now knows who I am because I wanted this back", Gold informs her holding the chipped cup up.

Rachel looks at the cup guilt in her eyes. Fortunately for her, Gold does not notice. "Are you going out?"

"Yes", Rachel answers.

Rachel finds Emma at the Station. "Hey", she says as she enters.

Emma looks towards her and says, "He got out fast, didn't he?"

"He has good connections", Rachel answers, nonchalantly. Then she notices something is off with Emma. "Has anything else happened?"

"Remember the stranger?" Emma asks. Rachel nods her head. "His name is August Booth. And he has decided to get a drink with me. I am meeting him in a few minutes."

"Want me to see you off?" Rachel asks smirking slightly. Emma rolls her eyes at Rachel.

"Let's go to Granny's", Emma says leading the way. "What are you going to do?"

"See if I can hang out with Peter", Rachel answers.

"Are you sure he is a good choice?" Emma asks. "I don't mean to be rude but a guy did betray me. I don't want the same to happen to you."

"Don't worry", Rachel says. "We have known each other for so long, we don't keep count anymore."

They reach Granny's and see him waiting there on his book. "Hello Emma", he says.

"August this is my friend, Rachel", Emma introduces. They shake hands and Emma says, "So lets get going."

"Here", August says, handing Emma a helmet.

"We are going somewhere?" Emma asks confused.

"Yes", August answers and waits for Emma to get up.

When they are gone, Rachel heads to Henry's school. As she is entering she notices Kathryn shouting at Mary Margaret. She suddenly slaps Mary Margaret and leaves.

Rachel quickly makes her way to Mary Margaret. "Are you okay?" She asks. "What happened?"

"David broke up with her and didn't inform her about us", Mary Margaret answers clearly shocked.