17. Baelfire?

Rachel and Emma have arranged a party at Mary Margaret's loft, for her. It is to celebrate her freedom from her legal entanglement. As the party is going on David arrives.

Seeing him Mary Margaret makes her way to Rachel and Emma. "Can either of you get rid off him?" She asks.

Emma and Rachel look where Mary Margaret pointed. They see David looking at them. Emna sighs. "Alright", she says.

"David", Emma greets. "I need help."

"What is it?" David asks.

"Henry needs someone to walk him home", Emma says signalling for Henry to get his coat.

He does and David takes him out. As soon as David and Henry leave Peter appears beside Rachel.

"You shouldn't be here", Rachel says looking at him.

"As long as Rumple and Henry are not here I don't see a problem", he says shrugging.

Mary Margaret spots Rachel talking to a boy and comes over. "Rachel, who is your friend?" She asks.

"Mary Margaret, this is my friend, Peter", Rachel says. "And Peter, this is Mary Margaret."

Peter extends his hand and Mary Margaret shakes it. "It is good to know that you won't be going to jail for something you didn't do", Peter says.

"You believed me?" Mary Margaret asks surprised.

"Of course I did", Peter says. "A lot of people did."

"That's good to know", Mary Margaret says looking happy.

At that moment Rachel notices Gold enter. She moves slightly so that Gold doesn't see Peter. "I think they are out of something to drink", Rachel tells Mary Margaret pointing at a corner.

She heads that way and Rachel turns to Peter. "Rumple's here", she says.

Nodding Peter walks away. Rachel makes her way to Gold and Emma. "Who is he?" Gold asks nodding at August.

"His name is August", Rachel answers. "He's a writer."

"How much do you know about him?" Gold asks looking at Emma.

"Not much", Emma answers. "Why?" Emma asks.

"Nothing", Gold answers slightly shaking his head.

Emma thinks about something and asks, "Did you have anything to do about Kathryn's magical return?"

Gold slightly glares at Emma. But before he can answer Rachel speaks up looking at Gold, "There's something I want to talk to you about."

She takes Gold outside. "So?" He asks.

Rachel laughs. "Did you actually think I have something to talk with you about?" She asks. "I only said that so that you don't have to tell her anything."

"I have to admit that was surprising", Gold says. "I didn't expect you to help me."

"It's not what I want", Rachel admits. "But I can't risk you spilling the beans."

Rachel heads back inside without waiting to hear what Gold will say.

-----------

"Who is August?" Gold asks Rachel, the next morning.

Rachel looks up surprised. "How will I know?" She asks. "The only conversations I had with him were in the presence of Emma. So I can't exactly ask him that."

Gold sighs. "I don't know if I should believe you or not", he says considering her. "But maybe you will be interested in this."

Rachel scoffs. "I highly doubt it."