The Vampire's Reluctant Bride: chapter-5

Chapter-5

Amelia stared at her reflection in the mirror as she brushed her medium-length brown hair. She had mostly been left to her own devices in the two days that she had been here and had utilized the time exploring the palatial house.

Behind the Great hall where she had met Lord Romanowsky and his two sons, lay three separate wings of the house with a giant courtyard at their centre. Her room, which was in the far wing- opened to face the courtyard, which would be better described as a football field in her opinion. And behind her room stretched vast woodlands- also a part of the Romanowsky estate, she had been told.

While she had not encountered Lucius again, she had at times felt eyes on herself, only to turn and find him watching her from a distance. He had bestowed one of his smiles when their eyes met, making no secret of the fact that he had been observing her.

Strangely, knowing his eyes were on her did not make her feel uncomfortable- that feeling was reserved for her encounters with Andre. Every time she met him, Amelia was overwhelmed by a strange feeling of unease. Having his eyes on her gave her an itchy sensation which made her want to scratch herself everywhere his eyes travelled... but it was terror which griped her if she chanced to look into those pale blue eyes.

Amelia sighed; setting the brush down as she tied her hair in a ponytail- she was turning into a wreck analyzing and re-analyzing every little incident....Worst of all, his voice in her head had gone silent. And she desperately missed its familiar company.

She peered out of the window at the overcast sky and decided to head to the library- hopefully the books would be able to distract her and hold her attention for a few short hours.

She had been engrossed in her book when a shadow fell across the page, startling her. Looking up she found Andre towering over her, a strange smile pulling at his lips. Suddenly afraid that Lucius had made his decision, she asked in a strangled voice, "Yes?"

Andre only smiled wider at the fear in her eyes, "Reading, Niña?"

"Erm... yes," she fidgeted uncomfortably.

"Why don't you come and play with me?"

"No, thank y-yo-you..." she stuttered.

"But I insist." He grasped the tops of her arms, pulling her to her feet.

"I don't want to play, Andre," she protested, backing away from him until she felt the immovable wall rising behind her.

"Why not, Niña?" he questioned lazily, advancing on her with slow, lazy steps.

This can't be happening! Amelia thought, struggling to form a coherent reply in the face of her terror.

Emboldened by her lack of reply, Andre trailed an icy finger across her cheeks, whispering "I think we would make very good playmates, don't you agree?"

Amelia flinched away from his touch, trying to retreat into the wall. He had backed her into a corner and she could see no way out.