chapter 20

I lay on my back looking through my Facebook messages replying to friends asking when I'll be back and shit, suddenly the door opened and leia walked in, her eyes were red and bloodshot, her nose was red and her hair was dishevelled.
"hey, what happened?" I ask as she slumps down on the seat, she looks up at me and sighs, then I notice bruises on her wrist.
"what the fuck happened!?" I demand, she looks down and pulls her sleeves down.
"nothing" she mutters.
"please tell me" I beg.
"do you really, full heartedly care for me?" she asks.
"yes, you know I do" I reply without hesitation.
"but for how long, won't you get sick of me? Will you always be there to help me?"
"leia, what happened?"
"I'm scared, I'm trusting you with stuff i didn't even trust mark with, i shouldn't be able to trust anyone the way I trust you, given our history and the short amount of time we've actually spent together i shouldn't trust you at all, but I do and it's scary"
"I know it's scary but you can trust me, i do care about you i always will, please tell me what happened, I'm getting scared, did mark do something?"
"he came round"
"and did what? What did he say,.was it him who bruised you?" I ramble.
"yes, he told me I should take him back and no one else would care enough to actually try for me, then he pinned me against a wall and tried to kiss me, i swear I pushed him away but he kept trying, eventually he left, but I was scared, i couldn't help thinking about my dad" she tells me sadly not looking up.
"leia, did he do anything?" I ask carefully.
"no, nothing like that, but he had the same look in his eye that my dad did, i think he was gonna"
"the next time I see him i swear I'm gonna fucking kill him" i say seriously, i hate that bastard, i thought he was good for Leia, that he cared about her and actually deserved her, then he cheated on her and tried to make out she was a desperate whore, he has no fucking right to even say her name, then he goes and does this shit, if he even thinks about laying a finger on leia, he'll be wishing he's dead.
"please don't callum, he didn't actually do anything"
"he could have though, does he still have a key?"
"yeah, I think"
"I'll get it back for you, are you ok?"
"I guess"
"come here" I hold out my arms and she crawls onto the bed and wraps her own arms around me, i hug her tight breathing in the smell of her hair, everything about her seemed perfect and because of all the shit she's been through she can't even see it, i hear her sob and notice my gown getting wet, i pull her closer and tighten my grip on her stroking her shiny hair in an attempt to comfort her.
"it's ok leia, i swear him and no one else will ever hurt you, i will protect you" I promise.
"callum, I'm so sorry ever since I came into your life I've messed it up, before I just caused you trouble and now the fights with your mum, piling all of my problems on you, i wish I didn't make you deal with all my shit"
"I want to deal with your shit, even when you just caused me trouble i kinda liked the amount of time we spent together trying to make eachothers life hell, remember the time burnt a hole in my school bag?" I ask remembering some of the many things we've done to eachother.
"all your books went up in flames and i had to write out a copy of all your notes in detention while you were breaking into my locker and burning all of my notes there" she says laughing through her tears.
"and them snakes in my bag, even i have to salute that one, remember Mrs green's face when there was a tiny one in my homework?"
"oh yeah, it crawled out on her desk and we had the argument of what to do with it while everyone else panicked and Mrs green just stood screaming"
"you always knew how to make it big"
"it was fun, little annoying, but fun"
"you know, a few of my friends said we would get together eventually, even my coach did, you know after you drew dicks over my soccer jersey"
"that was funny"
"I know, it was my favourite one and they didn't come out for a month, i had to wear that to a match"
"oops, sorry not sorry"
"I still get stick for it sometimes"
"I'm not surprised, there were dicks... On your jersey"
"my mum went mad"
"what about the argument me and her had at the meeting that one time"
"and after you saw amy and max and told them to call her a mega bitch"
"she was that day"
"I know I had to go home with her, Amy and max wouldn't shut up"
"happy i could influence your little brother and sister"i now realise she has completely stopped crying and is laughing slightly at our memories.
"we did alot of things to eachother"
"just gonna say it, sorry"
"sorry"
"how did it even start?"
"I can't remember, pretty sure it started with us not getting along and then it escalated"
"I won't do anything like that again"
"promsie?" she chuckles before answering.
"promise"she said seriously this time, we lay in silence enjoying the perfect moment and then I noticed her eyes were closed and lips slightly parted i smiled and leaned Down to leave a kiss on her forehead, a small smile even crept onto her face, i pulled her even closer and held her tight until I started to drift off.
"callum" she barely whispered in her sleep.
"i l-" that's as far as she got before she repositioned her head and lay it in the crook of my neck, i smiled at how good these moments were, how much I treasured them, then I drifted off to sleep too.