CHAPTER///////////////////

Amara did you choose to be a lawyer because of your mom?
How much did you dug up on me?
Yes, my mom's parents were immigrants, they worked hard to see their only daughter get a good life.
From what I heard before my parents died, my grandma worked as a maid in my dad's family house.
They typically traditional family who still believe in the motion of a black and white are not meant to be together, more over dating there late maid daughter. It a disgrace to them.
I was eating a ramen noodles I made. Wow what a mentality.
I have something to tell you amara, recently I met a cousin of your.
A cousin of mine, I hardly know any of this people.
You will see him at the opening of the black hotel.
No one from my dad side has ever get in contact with me now they want to use me .
After a moment, he said , I love watching you eat."
I shot him a look. What that supposed to mean?
You eat with gusto. And your little moan of pleasure make me hard.
I hit him with my fist, by your own admission, you 're always hard."
Your fault.
Mine fault.
I blame it on your body, he said, grinning, Which made me grin too

The next morning at work preparing for this case, this case is personal for me. Cause that could have been my mother if my grandparents had allowed in the family. Her inlaw had her arrested for kidnapping her own kid after five years of not allowing her to see her daughter. She took her daughter from school and took her home with her.
Just because she is a foreigner , and couldn't speak good English, they took advantage of her.
It was quarter to noon when my desk phone rang, it was coming from the reception.
Hey, Amara. You have June Peter here to see you.
Do I? I stare at my monitor, irritated and confused.
Why does June want to see me? Regardless I had no interest in seen her or talk to her.
Hold on.
I called Malik office, hi Tammy is Malik in the office?
Yes,
Can you patch me through please.
Sure.
Hey malik, your wife is here on the thirteen floor, frankly the only thing she and I use to have in common is our friendship and you. And that not a good thing. If she has any thing to say. It too late for that.
Could you please check on her.
Am sorry, I'll take care of it.
Thank you.
I hung up the phone  and sagged back to my sit. Feeling better and proud of myself for not letting my angry get the best of me.
Not long after, a knocked on door, I looked up and it June. My stomach twisted, I felt sick. This is the first time    am seen her.before I had this thousands of questions I wanted to asked her, but seen her with her tiny baby bump, I was lost for words.
Hi Mara, can I come in?
I swallow a split, before answering her.
Yea, sure. What can I do for you? Did your husband not told you I don't want to see you.
You are my friend and sister.
What, I stood up and closed the door .
Friend and sister, that rich coming from you.
I know you are mad at me, but I had to come, I don't like that you and Malik works in the same office.
What does that supposed to mean?
I just wanted to make sure you don't get any ideas
You got to be kidding me,  am married and I don't need Malik.
You came here just to tell me this, you know I wonder why did you do what you did to me. But seen you now made me realize you were never my friend.
She laughed, friend. I was your friend until you stole my parents from me.
What, how.
My mom was always praising you,  I can't never do anything right infront of her but you can't never do no wrong.  Dad always say how smart you are,Then you fall for the guy I like.
Stole your parents, your dad can't stand me and your mom was because of pity.  I never knew you like Malik, he approach me first.
How could you? I hate you mara, in school all the boys only befriend me to get to you.
That not true.  I wasn't the popular girl in school, all I had was my books .

Then you move in with us and always nice , smiling , even with every thing you still manage to get a scholarship.

You had your parents, your dad always verbally and physically abuse me at any chance he gets.
I couldn't even party like every other teenage, cause he always threatened me with kicking me out of the house.
You got gift , I got nothing unless your mom was home.
I love you like my sister but you decide to sleep with my boyfriend ,mock me .
I wanted to see you cry, suffer but here you are married and living like nothing happened.
I didn't know you hated me this much,
You are smart, beautiful and always had the men under your spell. Did you know how hard it was for me to break that spell on Malik, I thought I did away.
You both deserve one another, if you came here to torment me about your wedding, you already did that at the courthouse.