CHAPTER////////////////////////////

Friday night , all glam up and ready to leave waiting for my Uber driver .
Wow amara, you looked stunning.
Thank you Chris.
Are you nervous? Chris asked me.
I glanced at him. Not really.
You sure about that?
I nodded. Already told everyone my husband is busy.
Am really sorry I couldn't go with you!
I understand, you will tell me how it goes with Renee.
For all the shopping we did yesterday, he'd made only one purchase. A black tie. I'd teased him mercilessly about it .  Are you nervous too?
I set my hand over his restless finger.
I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. She doesn't know.
Be sure to take lot of pictures of you having great time looking sexy and classy and cool to torment my brother with on Monday.
My mouth twitched, ah ,how deviousness of you.
The dress had seemed perfect for me when we'd found it. It was a Tweed Jacket  and Off-The-Shoulder Mini Dress  with Oscar De La Renta Gold Alibi Minaudière Bag  and Christian Louboutin Loubigirl Sandals. And a diamond hoop earrings to give it all finishing touch. I decided to leave my hair loose around my loose around my shoulder. All in all, I felt pretty and confident.
As I drive out ,I looked out the window admiring the serene , I realized I was on day five after Nathan. The pain I'd felt the first days had turned into a dull throbbing that felt almost like the flu.
Upon entering de klerk mansion, I was warmly greeted by my boss, his wife and daughter Magdalene.
Amara, Magdalene drew me towards her, then air kissed me. I'm so pleased to finally meet you. You are gorgeous and your dress . I love it.
Thank you.
Amara, you didn't tell me you and Magda fiancee are cousin?
Yes, I replied, startled and confused by de klerk question.
Just then,  martin arrived dressed in jeans, loafers and a cashmere cardigan. He looked like a college professor.
Cousin, martin greeted with hug and a kiss on the cheek.
Martin offered me his arm and I accepted it. As we walked away. He asked me quietly. It so nice to finally meet you . I know we only talked on Instagram . Do you know everyone is dieing to see you.
Me?
Yes,
Even your grandparents?
Our grandparents, I was the one who told them about your parents died.
Once we move outside, we found a large elaborately decorated tent in the rear garden.
Please you need to come visit or can they come over to see you?
We will talk about it later, go talk to your fiance.
Okay, enjoy. He moved away.
I sipped champagne and chatted with some colleagues and any one who stopped by to strike up a conversation.  For the elegance of the surrounding and endless number of waiters, the overall vibe was casual and relaxed.
I was starting to enjoy myself when someone I'd hoped never to see again stepped out of the house. June and Malik van Derks. June look lovely in a figured hugging gown.
Hey amara.
Hi Malik.
Congratulations on making partner.
Thank you.
Where 's your husband? Voice June
I shrugged at the blunt question. "I'm not sure.
Do you love him?
My breath caught for a second. I released it in a rush and said yes.
"I thought so when I saw video of you two.
Stop asking her this question June? It okay.
I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I looked besides me it was Nathan. He was wearing a white dress shirt , open collar with a black trousers and a matching blazer. He was so damn fine he still put every man in attendance to shame. I couldn't tear my gaze away from Nathan. Whose eyes burned into mine.
What are you doing here?
Excuse me?  He rocoiled from my harshness .
I  mean?
Am sorry for been late. His hands went to my waist to steady me. the tremendous yearning I felt as his hand on my waist was overwhelmed
Hi , am June.
She stretched out her hand,
I know who you are.  It was very awkward as Nathan snob Malik.
Just then martin and Magda came over.
Hi Nathan.
Hi Marty.
You two known each other.
Yes something like that.
Nathan this is Magda, martin fiancee.
Am Nathan black, amara husband.
It a pleasure to meet you.  Same here.
If things work out, maybe I'll be seeing you at some of the family gathering.
Nathan grinned. Enjoy guys.
Amara you and martin smith are cousin !?
Please excuse us , he grabbed my wrist , he was practically dragging me out of the tent.
Let me go nathan?
Shut up ,Amara. His gaze was scorching hot, his jaw tight and hard.
Listen to me.
How did you know I was here? Chris told you is it's?
Let go home and talk?
I slapped his hand off , don't touch me .
Shut your damned mouth, and let me talk.
Talk about what?
We can do it here, Nathan hauled me in to me and kiss me hard, Nathan kissed me as if he were starved for the taste of me, and my resistance began to melt.
God , I wanted him. The craving hadn't gone away, not even for a minute. All the fight left me.  His kiss turning into a passionate coaxing.
Amara, he breathed gruffly. Don't fight me. I can't take it.
My eyes closed. Let me go, nathan.
I can't. I know you 're angry about the kiss.
Nathan , stop please. Did he think I left because of that.
I'm losing my mind without you, his lips gliding down my lips. I can't think, work or sleep. My body aches for you.
I never stopped wanting you, I whispered. I can't stop. But you hurt me. Nathan . you have the power to hurt me like no one else can.
You lied to me, you never told me about the kiss.