CHAPTER ///////////////////////

We arrive at the hotel, camera flashes burst around us like fireworks as we walked the length red carpet full with press gauntlet.  Luckily I watch lot of celebrities red carpet moment, Nathan got me some one for media training. I let out a air as I Wave and smile while posting for pictures.
The moment we reached the hall, Nathan was called by someone and he turned.  A waiter offer passed by with a glass of champagne. I took a glass.
Amara,  it was nana. My face lit up cause Nathan was busy talking and I just stood there,
This dress looks stunning on you!
Thank you nana. She air -kissed each of my cheeks. Nana was gorgeous in shimmering fitted column of icy blue. Diamond dripped from her ears, neck and wrist.
Thank you nana, I took a gulp of champagne .
Chris stepped forward, wow  . You look stunning.
I felt Nathan approaching, as nana was smiling.
Nathan set his hand on my lower back.
He air kissed is nana .
Am so proud of you Nathan.
Thank you nana.
Now , all that remains is me seen my great grand children before I leave this earth.
Nana, you are not leaving any time soon. Chris voice.
Soon nana.
As we walked to our table, eyes followed us, I got nervous twitch from all the attention we garnered, he seemed oblivious and completely unruffled. Lot of people , like he was pretty much mobbed, he noticed I was nervous and he didn't let my hands go. He introduced me to everyone .
I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was links.
Links!" I greeted him with open arms,
What are you doing here?
You look fabulous." He said.
Thank you.
Hi Mr black
Hi. He purred, his icy gaze on links.
You are really a luck man. Links held out his hands
Thank you, she is all mine. Nathan arm slid around my waist.
Links was hailed by someone he knew.
We should catch up real soon.
Yes, see you around amara.
As we sat down, he was pulled away again. This time he was surrounded by lot of ladies.
Shall we dance asked Chris.
Sure, I was glad Chris asked me for a dance.
We were on the dance floor when I caught the sight of lacey. It took me a moment to recognize her because she has her hair in a sleek bob. She looked  sexy in a see through black dress.
She walked towards us with another lady I don't know, she tap Chris .
Chelsea, Chris greeted her.
This is the Chelsea, Nathan high school sweet heart and last relationship. Her hair was black as ink and her body long and perfectly curved. Her  beauty was stunning. Otherworldly green eyes.
I didn't know you were in town?
Just got back few days ago, your brother didn't tell you.
No, he didn't.
Just then, Nathan made his way to us.
You didn't tell Chris , I was in town.
Sorry it skip my mind.
Oh , Chelsea this is nat, before lacey could finish her sentence.
Chris cut her short. This is amara.
Nathan wife.
I extended my hand to her and she shook it.
Am Chelsea Crosby. A friend of your husband.
Any friend of Nathan is a friend of mine, I said with a warm smile.
I hope that applies to ex girlfriend . Voice lacey.
When her gaze met mine, it was a knowing that she was not comfortable with what lacey said.
Is nana here, come , you could sit with us.
Nathan left with Chelsea , leaving me and lacey , Chris alone.
Your new hair is very flattering lacey.
She glanced at me, thank you. It was time for a change.
Chris left to us to talk with an actress he is friends with.
Also , you should be worried as the one that got away is back in town.

Got away, I frown in confusion.
You didn't know your husband tried to stop her from getting married to her English rich man.
My gaze shifting to the man  am in love with  stood with you woman he must 've loved, his hand on her back as she leaned into him with a laugh.
My stomach twisted with jealousy and sick fear, it struck me that I'd assumed he must be over her.
I think she and her husband are separated. Lacey has this evil grin on her face as she walked away.
I gratefully accepted another glass of champagne when it was offered to me.
There you are.
I looked up as Nathan found me and of course Chelsea was on his arm and I got the full effect of two of them as a couple. They were quite impossibly gorgeous together.
Chelsea took a seat and Nathan was sitting in the middle of us.
Nathan was called up to give a speech about the hotel.
I'm so glad to meet you amara, Chelsea said.  I have heard a lot about you.
It can't have been too much.
We talked a lot this few days I have been in town. She smiles.  There was nothing malicious or fake in her expression .
I didn't hear much of what Nathan said, I only heard the clapping. Which made me clap.
So what did you think?
Nice speech , she voice
We are having a little brunch at our place on Saturday. Feel free to come down.
I whispered to him, are we?
Not now amara he whispered back harshly.