CHAPTER ////////////////////////////////

I called amara phone and no response from her or anyone from the security details at home. My heart races as what is happening at home. Sixteen hours flight and straight to the meeting could be making me paranoid or maybe it the time difference.
Sir , he cleared his throat, his face already give up some things is wrong.
What going?
There was an incident at home , your wife has been shot
What do you mean? Shot!
I called Chris , who confirmed that amara and nana are in the hospital.
Oh , fuck, I breathed.
I quickly pack my bags and made way to the airport, called the rest of the team that came with me to handle the rest.
My hands weren't steady as I make those call.  So many scene race through my mind, hell ,I breathed. Blaming myself for the situation, it could have not happened if I was home to protect her. I wished the jet could go fastest or I had  a magic carpet to get me to her fast. 

I rushed to the hospital, panic gripped me, cutting off my air , no please ,no
Chris hands hugged me tight as I saw amara on the bed with oxygen mask on her face.
God, no . I can't lose her . I froze. It not a dream . This is a nightmare.
Before I could blink , her monitor started to make noise.
What going on? I rushed to the room.
Mr black, you need to leave.
Please tell me what going on?
Amara please don't leave me, Chris holding me tight with every thing he has.
We need to get Mrs black back to the operating room.  She is bleeding and we need to stop it before it affect the babies in her womb.
My brain shut down as I heard the doctors talked. I couldn't hear. Blinking madly in darkness . 
Chris voice snap me back to reality.
She's is pregnant, ! How come. We can't be pregnant right now.
Jesus Christ Nathan, is this what you are worried about right now? I see why she was so worried to tell you, see as you are acting right now.
My brows lifted up,  I couldn't explain the emotions I was feeling.
Stop it you two nana yelled, this is not the time .
No Nana, we all know how both of them can't  keep there hands off each other, what was he expecting. More over he should be worried about her making it out alive from the second operation .
Second operation!
They did the first one to get the bullet out. Now this.
I felt a sudden heat , the whole building started moving in circles and spinning. I collapse on to the chair .
Do you know what her last words were"; tell Nathan I love him and am sorry. Any time you see firefly think about me . 
Those words brought tears I have been trying to hide to my face, I couldn't hold back. My heart turned over in my chest.
I will trade places with her if I had to but I need amara to live.
While I hugged on to Chris legs as he console me. Two men dress in suit approach us.
Detective,
this is my brother . Nathan this is are the detective in charge of the case .
Am detective Eddie Powell and my partner Greg Murray.
We're so sorry about your wife.
I stood up , wipe the tears off my face.
Can we asked you some questions if you don't mind ?
Sure.
How are things between you and Mrs black?
Excuse me detective,
Sorry Mr black, my partner is just trying to
I cut him off, trying to what.my wife is my life and everything is great between us .
Can you think of anyone that want to harm your wife, we understand she is a human right lawyer?
My wife is an orphan, so no one.
Did you find Richard yet, chipped in Chris.
We have contacted Mr Richard and also have his girlfriend in custody. We just want to cover all bases.
That bastard if he's the one that did this to her, I swear I will kill him.
I'd nearly forgotten . detective I think you should look into my wife ex and colleagues Malik and his wife.
Yes it true few weeks , I saw her and him arguing. It was heated.
Do you know what the argument is all about?
Something about how she acted inappropriately at a party, but she didn't go into detail.
Do you know any thing about this?
No,.
Thank you so much, we will be in touch. So sorry about your wife again Mr black.
Thank you.

To my horror, the doctor came out and deliver the worst news that bring me to my knees.
During the surgery amara body went to shock and she slipped in to comma. Doctor said all we can do is hope and pray she wakes up . I couldn't believe it.
Catching me by  wrist, Chris set me on my feet. We made way back to her room. She was just lying there.
Amara , I rubbed my fingers through her hair. Come on amara answer me, I need  you to wake up, am sorry I left you alone, I need you to wake up and tell me everything is fine, tell me how much you miss me. Please angel .
Chris set his hands on my shoulder, she will wake up bro, she has too.
Who will I go on lunch with, complain about you too. She is strong. She will wake up.
Yes , she will. I can't lose another daughter.
God I know I don't pray to you enough , I will give up my wealth, You know how much power and control my wealth give me. I don't want it anymore ,if amara isn't in it.  please don't take amara away from me.
You that heal the sick ,heal her for me.  If you do God; I promise I will attend the morning Mass from now.
Please I beg you God .