CHAPTER///////////////////////////

It been four days and the odd surreality dawn on me. Nathan made no contact with me whatsoever. The silence was excruciating. Especially when google alert hit my phone and I saw photo of me and Nathan at the hotel launch.
Pain twisted in my chest, if we break up , would I ever stop thinking about him and wishing we had?
I struggled to get my self together, that I was worried I screwed up with the case that will have made me a partner .
Should I called him, or go home and apologize for leaving him, telling him we can work it out but I was too afraid of rejection.
At least it was relieved and surprised to see I won the case.
There was going to be a dinner for partners in honor of the firm. I felt blessed that at least my job was going well but I was told that Nathan could come, I told everyone not to expect him to show up cause he was busy.
I returned to work and  focused on work the rest of the afternoon.

I went to the restaurant and had dinner fettuccini Alfredo with creme brulee for dessert. Comfort food guarantee to put me to sleep, so not to think about Nathan black.
Getting back to the hotel, I keep my head down so no to be notice.
Took a shower and indulge in mindless entertainment. Took  some whiskey from the fridge .

My phone rang , it was Chris.
Morning Chris.
Did I wake you up? Where are you at?
One question at a time Chris.
I told him where I was.
I will be right there .
Not long Chris arrived, morning sleepy head. No work today?
No , I took few days off.
When are you going back home?
Not sure Chris.
I feel bad, cause it is all my fault, if I didn't blur it out .
It no one fault. Me and him need time apart to figure things out any ways.
I feel bad for being part of Richard plan . I will hate it if you guys separated from each other.
Richard plan?
Yes, Chris handed me his phone.
It took me a minute to figure out what I was seeing. When comprehension set in, I froze.
Chris had filmed Richard and lacey at Richard house at his garden, the star of the show was a couple locked in a passionate kisses. They were talking about me and Nathan, talking on how it could have been her getting hands on his millions.
Don't worried, Richard crooned to a distraught lacey.  They will break up soon , told Chris about seen Nathan kssing Chelsea. And you know he gets bored fast.
He's different with her. I think he's in love with her.
He kissed her . She's not his type.
I looked at Chris .
As I watched, it clear he knows where to pet and where to rub. When she responded to his touch. It was clear he knows her body well. He lifted up her dress and fucked her. It was clear he was using her was obvious. It was there in the contemptuously triumphant look on his face as he screwed her until she was limp.
Yuck, asshole. That smug look on his face.
I couldn't believe it amara, that was my uncle ,his voice, posture. It was like he was a different man.
Does your brother know 's?
Yes, he does.
So it like our parents died was a blessing for him to get his hands on what is ours.
So what are you guys going to do?
Nathan has a plan on getting him arrested on fraud charge when he was working in black entertainment.
And Lacey?
I will deal with her , Chris voice out.
Do you think Renee knows?
I don't care, I and her are done for good.
You need to find out if she knows before you completely break up with her.
Am scared she might know or better yet she also was involved.
Am so sorry Chris,
No, am sorry , I let him manipulate me.
Don't blame your self, you didn't know.
How long do you plan on staying here?
Not for long, am house hurting.
Chris mouth twitched,
Are you free this Friday?
Why,
I need you to escort me to my firm partner dinner.
Sure, no problem.,
Chris and I had lunch; then we bounce all over the city, hitting the boutiques for what to wear for the dinner.
In the lull, my mind tormented me. What is Nathan doing now? Is he with Chelsea? Would I see pictures of him and Chelsea?
Along the way, Chris told me to stay with him for few days before I get my own place.  As we were recognize by some people when we were having lunch.

We picked up some items for dinner at Chris place.
Chris and I had dinner, Chris tried to cheer me up, he said dinner was great, but I couldn't tell. I snapped out of it when he fell silent, too.
Should we watched a movie?
Sure.
We ended up watching ticket to paradise. His phone rang four minutes into the movie and I heard him speaking to Nathan. Sure. I 'll be there in twenty, tops.
Amara you wanna come with me and you guys talk it out.
I stretched my legs out on the couch. Nope. I'm good right here.
You sure you 're okay?
All I need is wine and some mindless entertainment. Don't worry about me.
Go .
As much as am hurting inside, total comfort outside is necessary.