Chapter 9: Hurt

*ALLIE'S POV*

I look across the hall as Cody is rubbing his temples leaning against a locker. He lets out a groan as his hands shake. He doesn't have his blazer on, he has some of his buttons undone and his tie is loose.

I furrow my brows as i walk towards him.

"What's with you?"

"Ears." He whispers.

"What?"

"Hurt."

"What's wrong?"

He takes his hands off his face and looks up at me.

"Oh hi." He smiles.

"Hi? What's wrong with you?"

"I can't hear. My ears are ringing and they hurt like fucking hell." He almost yells.

"I'm taking you to the nurse."

"I don't need a purse right now, Allie."

I sigh and wrap his arm around my shoulder and he leans into me as we walk.

"Fucking hell, Oh fuck." He groans.

"You'll be okay."

"Allie, it hurts."

"I know, just come on."

"I can't hear you, i hope your saying how handsome i am right now."

"Why am i doing this?" I whisper to myself.

"Fucking fuck." He keeps talking swear words as we walk into the nurse.

"Cody, what are you doing back here?" She looks between us.

Back here?

"He said he can't hear and his ears hurt."

"Oh. Lay him on the bed."

I walk towards the bed and get him to lay down. He lays on his back as he puts his hands over his face.

"I'm going to get medicines and stuff, can you just keep him awake?" The nurse asks.

"Sure."

She leaves the room and i prawl his hands off his face where tears are streaming down his cheeks.

"I-i'm gonna pass out.." He whispers closing his eyes.

"No your not. Come on. Look at me." I rub his cheek hoping to catch his attention as i lean my elbows on the bed our faces fairly close.

He opens his eyes slowly and locks eyes with me.

"Just look at me." I whisper. I wonder how well he can lip read.

"Heheh there's two of your pretty face." He points his finger at me then slightly next to me. I let out a small giggle as my cheeks turn rosy.

"I want your mum." He whispers.

"My mum?"

"She always looks after me when i'm sick. I love your mummy."

"Me too."

"My mummy doesn't love me."

"Yes she does." My eyes soften.

"She never tells me."

I look back on all the times i've been with him and his parents. I've never really heard them say it. Even less now than when we were kids.

"She does love you."