5: Not With That Attitude

The next afternoon, Ally and I decided to go out to lunch with the team. "Ugh, my head," she groaned when we walked out into the sunlight.

I chuckled. "You didn't even drink that much!"

"Yeah but it still hurts!" She whined.

We arrived at some restaurant and went into the party room that one of the guys had booked. A lot of them were already there. I made my way over to where Sharpie and Seabrook were talking.

Seabrook caught sight of me and grinned. "Delilah!"

"Hey guys," I replied back with a smile. "Seabs, you aren't hungover?"

He laughed. "Hangovers don't bother me. Unlike poor Kaner over there," he nodded his head to where Patrick was just walking in. He had bags under his eyes and looked uncomfortable.

"Hey Kaner, next time don't drink as much!" Sharpie yelled across the room. Kane groaned and put a hand to his head. A few other people with bad hangovers groaned in pain as well.

I pushed Sharpie's shoulder. "You're so mean to them!" I then lowered my voice a bit. "It's actually really funny, keep going."

He chuckled and nodded. "I think we'll become close friends."

We ate lunch and I talked more with Jonny. He wasn't as quiet as I thought he would be, which was good because I wasn't very outgoing to begin with. I also struck up some conversation with Shaw. He was pretty funny and a good guy to talk with.

I had fun talking with the guys and made sure to stay out of Patrick's way.

I went back to the hotel with Ally and we went to our room. I packed everything up to get ready for the flight that was in a few hours.

---

On the plane, I was sitting in the aisle next to Ally with a stranger in the window seat. Across the aisle was Kane, Sharp, and Bickell. Bicksy was sleeping, as usual, while Sharp was annoying Kane, as usual.

"Stop poking me!" Kane said.

Sharp laughed. "You wish," he replied as he poked Kaner's cheek.

I giggled in my seat. No matter how rude Kane was, the team could meet fail to make me laugh. Kane looked over and glared at me a little and said, "Don't just sit there and laugh at me, help!"

I shook my head, still smiling. "Not with that attitude kid."

A soft "oooh burn" came from the seat behind me. I turned around to see Keith sitting there with a grin. He high-fived me and I put my earbuds back in.

Working for the Hawks was fun, and maybe Kane wouldn't be too bad after all.