29: Love

Delilah's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache. I checked the clock next to my bed and saw that it was almost seven. I jerked awake and was about to get ready when I noticed that my surroundings looked different.

Glancing around, I realized I was in Patrick's bedroom. A sudden wave of nausea washed over me and I sprang up, rushing to the bathroom. I emptied the contents of my stomach and almost gagged at the taste in the back of my throat.

I finished throwing up (bleh) and found an extra toothbrush in the cabinet under the sink. I brushed my teeth and went into Patrick's kitchen to make myself a little coffee. I poured the steaming liquid into a mug and walked to the floor to ceiling windows and admired the view. I looked down and saw that the city was already awake and bustling around.

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist from behind, startling me a bit until I realized it was just Patrick.

"Morning," he whispered in his deep morning voice, his warm breath on my neck making me shiver a bit.

"Morning Pat," I replied back quietly. I turned myself around and placed my coffee on the table. I kissed his soft lips, still feeling fireworks shoot through me.

"I'll try to make some breakfast, but I might burn it," he warned me as we walked into the kitchen.

I let out a small laugh. "Don't worry, I'll help you." He got the pancake mix out and we began to cook. "Hey, don't you have practice today?" I wondered out loud.

"Yeah but it starts at 10. What, trying to get rid of me already?" He joked.

"Never." I pecked his cheek and smiled before turning my attention back to the pancake mix.

We ate some breakfast before he got ready for practice and drove me back to my apartment. "See you in a bit," I said as he walked me up to my front door.

"I can't wait," he replied with a grin. He gave me a quick kiss before turning around and jogging back down the hallway.

I shook my head and turned to open my door. I quickly showered before getting dressed. I still had to head in to work today.

I arrived at the United Center and rushed in, aware that I was a half hour late for work, which usually started at 9.

"Well well well, look decided to show up," Ally smirked as I arrived.

I rolled my eyes jokingly and set my stuff down. "So what are we working on today?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"We have to finish the series highlights and get them up on the team website and Blackhawks TV before the next series starts," Mark explained as he walked in the room.

"Looks like I wasn't the only late one," I said with raised eyebrows.

He just shrugged and set his things down. "Alright," Ally said. "Let's get to work."

I sat down at my computer and began combing through footage from the past six games. After three hours, I finally got some good clips that could go in the video.

I got off my computer and rubbed my eyes. Staring at a screen for so long gave me a small headache. "Delilah, wanna grab some lunch?" Ally asked as I started to gather my things.

"Sure! Where to?"

---

After a long day, I finally got back to my apartment. "Natalie I'm back!" I yelled out as I walked in.

I set my things down and flopped on the couch. I closed my eyes and decided to take a quick power nap.

A few seconds after my eyes closed, my
phone began to ring. Without glancing at the caller ID, I answered it and grumbled a quick "what?" into the receiver.