20: Chris Pratt Is A Babe

The weekend was finally here, and Natalie and I were supposed to hang out. "Hey, when are you coming over? I bought a bunch of junk food for tonight," I said while on the phone with her one Saturday night.

"I'll be over in a few," she responded before hanging up. I grabbed the chips and popcorn I bought, along with the movie. I set the food on the coffee table and put the movie in. I also brought over some spare blankets from the closet and set them on the couch.

The doorbell rang, and I let Natalie in. We talked about recent events between us as we made our way over to the couch. I told her all about the pranks that were happening with the Blackhawks.

I finally decided to bring up New Years Eve. "So Natalie," I started off with a smirk. "Anything going on between you and a #19?"

The redness on her cheeks gave away the answer. "It's nothing!" She protested.

"Oooooh, Natalie's in love!" I yelled with a laugh.

She just rolled her eyes. "Why don't you yell it a bit louder, I don't think they heard you in Russia."

"Okay," I shrugged. "NATALIE'S-"

"Shut up! I'm not in love," she yelled as she practically tackled me as she rushed to cover my mouth.

"Obviously there's something going on between you two," I pointed out.

"Yeah, I guess..." She mumbled something under her breath.

"What was that?"

She sighed but had a grin on her face. "Jon may or may not have..." She trailed off and mumbled the rest under her breath.

I gave her a 'really' look. "C'mon, tell me!"

"Jon may or may not have asked me on a date a few days ago."

My eyes got wide. "Are you serious right now?!"

She laughed. "As serious as the captain that asked me on a date."

"Natalie that's awesome! When is it?"

"Tomorrow night, can you come over before? I'll probably get too nervous and tell him I'm sick. I should probably do that now, he would never like someone like me," she rambled on. "Why would he even ask me out in the first place? I better call him and cancel so he doesn't get embarrassed to be seen with me in public-"

"NATALIE!" She stopped talking and looked at me. "Chill out, it's just a date. You guys are probably just going to dinner or something, it won't be that huge. I'm not letting you bail on this," I gave her a pointed look.

"Yeah, I know." She grabbed a handful of popcorn and shoved it in her mouth. "Anyways, what's going on with you? Got your eyes on anyone?"

Patrick.

WHAT?

NO. THIS CANT HAPPEN. NO WAY. "Um, nope, nobody," I lied while looking around. "Zero people, zip, nada. No way José."

Now it was her turn to give me the 'really' look. Dang, this girl was good.

"I mean, I guess this one person isn't TOO bad," I said casually.

"I knew it!" She called out. "Who is it? Tell me!" She begged.

"It's..." I glanced around the room again. "Chris Pratt!" I blurted out, spying the Guardians of the Galaxy movie on my coffee table.

"Yeah, Chris Pratt is a babe," she stated nonchalantly.

Phew. That was a close one.

"Buuuut, you never answered my question. You like someone, I know it," she raised her eyebrows.