Chapter 12

Cry

Again with the heat. Does America never quit trying to cook me? The forecast said storms... What the hell was this sun doing melting me? I lay on the grass in the back garden, too tired to move. We were all told to stay indoors and I'm probably going to get sun burn or something, but I don't care. There's too much heat to care. I cover my mask's eyes with my arm, my mind blank. Two more days then we're back home. There wasn't anything I wanted more right now than to be with Felix on the sofa. I sigh.

Theres a sound to my left. I don't move. Its probably Clyde being a dick. It takes a moment before I realise that he's getting closer. He's probably going to put me in a choke hold again.

"Fuck off Clyde I'm not in the mood." He didn't answer. Instead, he was still getting closer. I really can't deal with him right now. I sit bolt upright and look to his direction. "I said to fuck o-" My head was struck, sending white sparks flying through I was still conscious, so I stumbled away. The world was spinning and I felt so sick. I heard someone curse behind me before hearing them make their way over to my desperately crawling self. I can't do anything to stop him. I can barely see in front of me. I feel him grab my hair and pull me back. I cry out in pain. Flashes of my father fly through my mind. Was this guy going to...?

"Hey!" I hear Clyde before I see him. He's running up to us, angry as hell. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" The guy drops me and my head hits the ground. I hear him running, Clyde chasing him away.

My head hurt, I'm pretty sure there's blood and I can barely see straight. My mask was askew and there was a chip at the bottom from where he had dropped me. Blood dripped down from my mouth into my mask. I had bitten my tongue.

"Cry!" There were hands grabbing my arms, pulling me around and up. Felix.

"What the hell?" He was looking at my head, touching it and bringing back fingers of blood. He paled, he wasn't great with blood. But he wiped them on his trousers and quickly lifted my mask. He checked every inch of it, finding only the bitten tongue and a bruised cheek. He quickly replaced the mask. I wasn't able to do anything but groan and cough. I was sure I was going to be sick too.

Clyde came round the corner, out of breath.

"The fucker ran off... I couldn't catch him... God he was fast." He came over too and together the two of them carried me inside. Mum was there, and she gasped when she saw me.

"Call an ambulance and the police." Clyde said. She nodded and went away. They put me down on the sofa. My head is swimming with each movement. Felix is holding my head still while Clyde looks at the damage. I could feel the blood running down my neck. Whatever he had hit me with had really done some damage.

"Shit..." I heard Clyde murmur. "Pewds, grab a cloth." He left and was back in almost a second. I hissed in pain as Clyde pressed the cloth on my cut. Felix held my head still, so I didn't pull away. Mum came in.

"The ambulance and police are on their way." She came over and inspected the cut. "It'll probably need stitches..." She noted. "Let's hope that's the only damage done." She looked at Clyde. "Did you see what he looked like?" She asked. But he shook his head. 

"No, he was wearing a face mask, his hood was up and I was too far away at the time to see his eyes or anything." He took the towel off, folded it and pressed the cleaner side to my head. 

"Just wait until your father hears about this." My mum muttered. I had always hated her angry side, now I remember why.

It took the Ambulance and police 10 minutes to get here, my dad 5... give or take a few seconds. After cursing the services, he then proceeded to curse about the generation, before finally being shooed out by mum. I heard Clyde tell the police about the events. His voice seems so far away. My vision was becoming worse, my eyelids becoming heavy.