12

It's been nearly two weeks since the last time you'd spoken to Nagi, and you're starting to get restless.

You figure that he's probably busy; you don't have a single doubt that he's made it through to the next selection of Blue Lock, and you know that means that things have gotten that much harder, but still.

You miss him.

For the last two months or so that he's been gone, you haven't felt his absence as hard as this.

It had been easy when you were chatting with him every night, but now...

Now you just feel lonely.

But for now, you comfort yourself with the reassurance that Nagi isn't; he's making all sorts of friendships and Blue Lock, and you couldn't be happier for him- he deserves this.

You're so lost in your thoughts as you're going home from school that you don't see the person walking toward you until it's too late.

You collide with someone not that much taller than you, stumbling backwards and rubbing your forehead.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" The stranger cries, steadying himself. "I wasn't watching where I was going!"

"Ah, no, it's fine," You stammer, regaining your bearings. "It's my fault as well."

He positively beams at you, and it's only now that you look at him properly that you realise he's clutching an envelope in his hand, wearing a postman's shirt and cap, small brown tufts of hair curling up from beneath its rim.

You've seen that envelope before.

It's got that familiar blue logo on it, identical to the one Nagi's letter had all those weeks ago.

The boy starts to walk away, but you grab his arm, stopping him in his tracks.

"Uh, excuse me," You release him immediately, face warming up slightly as your mind catches up to what you'd just done. "Sorry about that."

"Nah, you're good," He flashes you that brilliant smile again. "Can I help you?"

"It's that letter," You point down at the envelope in his hand. "I know it's not my place to ask, but who's it for? Maybe I can help you with the address or... something like that."

He laughs. "You're nosy, huh?"

"No!" You shake your head. "My boyfriend got a letter similar to that a while ago, so I was just curious."

That seems to peak his interest.

The boy turns to fully look at you, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Really?" He asks, his smile gone. "Who's your boyfriend?"

You're slightly taken aback by the question, and his sudden change in attitude, but you decide that there's no harm in answering.

"Nagi Seishirou."

He crumples the letter in his hand slightly, startling you.

Before you can react, he seems to snap him back into himself, immediately flattening out the letter, his nimble fingers smoothing out the creases he'd just made.

"Oops," He laughs sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Brought back memories, you see. I know him- I've gotten the same letter."

Your jaw nearly drops. "You're part of Blue Lock, too?"

"Used to be," He corrects. "Nagi's the one who got me booted out."

"Oh," You're not quite sure what to say. "I see."